Chance me/match me RI female business major 1440/4.76

Chance me/ match me RI female 1440/4.76 business major

Rhode Island, medium sized public high school, white female

Intended business major- thinking MIS, supply chain, or international business

Weighted GPA 4.76/5 UW not exactly sure somewhere around 3.85ish

GPA went significantly up junior year sophomore around 4.6 junior 5.0

1440 740 reading 700 math

Ranking 25/250 (estimate as it has not come out for this year)

Coursework-

14 honors 5 aps 3 dual enrollment college courses (to be completed by senior year)

APS- junior year: apush and aplang, senior: gov, stats, calc

5 on AP US history 4 on Language and comp

Awards- All state for indoor and outdoor track, all division for tennis

teachers awards for 5 classes

Extracurriculars-

varsity tennis 4 years captain junior and senior year

indoor and outdoor track 4 years with all state, all class, nationals for indoor track will be a captain senior year

VAASA (varsity athletes against substance abuse) active member 4 years

NHS with about 100 hrs community service

Summer job each year working abt 4-5 days per week

Worked as tennis coaching assistant for 2 yrs

Schools

Safety- URI, University of South Carolina, possibly University of Tennesse

Target- Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, Georgia, Maryland

Reach- UNC chapel hill possibly (aware it is huge reach)

1 Like

As a suggestion for a potential target school, look into the University of Richmond.

If you would like an additional option in the Midwest, consider Michigan State.

2 Likes

You can figure out your unweighted by taking 4 for an A, 3 for a B etc in core classes and dividing by # of credits.

If you do Intl Bus, U of SC more likely a match. If you do supply chain, UTK is top notch but then maybe look at Michigan State and Arizona State. If MIS, then look at Arizona and Minnesota. Here’s another thought - Indiana - you’d be direct admit to Kelley and it’s a top b school.

As for your list - I see U of SC as a target.

Wisconsin, Georgia and Maryland as low reaches. UNC is not direct admit meaning you have to apply to start in business Junior year.

The list is fine if ok with URI or UTK but your three majors, while can be done anywhere, do have pockets of strength as I tried to show - to the point that those schools would be bullet proof in regards to careers assuming a strong economy. All are heavily desired in their niches.

Any cost concerns ?

Good luck

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-supply-chain-management-logistics

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-management-information-systems

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-international

2 Likes

Thank you for all the tips I will definitely look into those schools!
By low reach do you mean very low chance- from a lot of my research those had seemed appropriate targets but that was the overall school not major specific
As for the gpa calculated that way it would be a 4.0
Cost wise I am not sure yet exact numbers but it would be important to get some financial aid
Thanks again for all the advice!

Don’t say need aid. You need a price. You can get aid and be $20k or $75k

Set on a price. Some on your list may not be possible.

A 4.0 means never a B. Only A.

Thx

Will look more into price but all on list seemed good with parents upon initial looks and some Net price calculators
And yes, all As for all classes

Do you have any interest in participating in a varsity sport (track or perhaps tennis) in college?

One other school you may want to think about is Ohio State, as that seems to fit well amongst your other schools. A school completely different than anything on your list would be Bryant, which has a definite emphasis on business programming.

If you haven’t already done so, you may want to consider business specialty schools, such as Babson, for your greater list.

Ok so Va Tech is $61k but URI half b4 merit. No issue because there won’t be merit at Va Tech.

I’m not opposed to Va Tech - in my opinion the nicest campus in America and highly rated food.

A U of SC will be at least $20k less with aid.

That’s why I say - you can’t just say ‘it would be important to get some financial aid’.

That’s a generic sentence.

If you can afford Va Tech, then your list can be vast.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.