Chance Me / Match Me - Virginia aspiring Engineer (3.93/1570) [3.40 unweighted HS GPA, 3.1 college GPA, needs full ride]

If unsure whether to take advanced placement, try the old final exams of the courses that can be skipped. That can allow for a more informed decision.

But also be careful if AP scores are used for secondary admission to major. For example, at NCSU, they are converted to grades for secondary admission. If an AP score converts to an A, the incentive is to leave it as is (not repeating). But if it converts to a lower grade, the incentive is to repeat it.

3 Likes

That is what I wanted to ask. You are smart and capable (1570 SAT is not easy). I would focus on VaTech. If you are not accepted and not given a scholarship/FA, I would seriously consider local Community College and would transfer to VaTech. You will save tuition and housing by living with your parents for another 2 years, and with good grades will have a guaranteed transfer. No competition, no stress, good college… You do not even need ROTC for that (unless you are really interested in it.)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.