Chance me? miami is one of my top choices!

<p>i believe that u of miami is a pretty high reach for me but please give me a quick opinion on what you think my chances are!
applying for biology
GPA (Weighted): 3.55 (very low...i know but it was mostly because of a C i got during freshman year during a chinese course)hopefully they take the time to look at the gpa of my science courses!!
SAT: 2110/2400 superscore. 1420/1600 (760/m and 660/CR)
690 Bio SAT 2
720 math level 2
taking/took 5 APs. AP STAT, english lang, bio, english lit, econ
(4s on my AP stat and lang) and took a lot of honors courses
I got all As on my bio course during freshman year and sent in a 90 quarter grade for AP bio(since im taking it senior year) i got a 92 on my midterm but they wont be seeing that in time :/
solid ECs, nothing super eye catching though
PSAT national merit semifinalist (216)
and im out of state (PA) which i know doesnt help ):</p>

<p>(if this helps) i was accepted to: u of maryland scholars, stony brook, u of iowa, hofstra honors, binghamton, and st.johns
deferred: umich and villanova EA</p>

<p>I think you’ll get in. The fact that you’re a national merit semifinalist definitely helps a lot, and your GPA isn’t as bad as it could be. Plus, out of state doesn’t hinder you at all, since Miami’s a private institution. Your SAT is also pretty good. Of course, all of this depends on the strength of the applicant pool. But I do believe that you’ll be getting an acceptance letter :slight_smile: Probably not much in the way of scholarship though…</p>

<p>bump! anyone else? :)</p>

<p>Agree with MB444 - your SAT and the PSAT scores will get you accepted. Not sure about merit scholarships since you have a bit of a mixed resume between GPA and SAT. If you are in the top 10% of your class, I’d say you’d get the 11,000 scholarship…just a guess mind you.
Good luck on Friday~Monday with the EA decision.
~Zinc</p>

<p>“and im out of state ¶ which i know doesnt help ):”</p>

<p>Miami is private… If it’s one of your top choices and you don’t know that, consider doing more research. There’s a big difference between publics and privates (IMO) and it may do you well to research a bit more. </p>

<p>Aside from that, I’d say you have great chances of being admitted from what I can tell. I wish you the very best of luck!!</p>

<p>f4ngz77, that was a mistake i copied and pasted my stats from asking about my u of maryland chances! thanks for pointing that out though!
so so so nervous for friday…!
can anyone else tell me what you think my chances are?</p>

<p>I think you have a decent shot. How confident in your essays and supplements were you? For someone with a split resume (high sat/middle range gpa) that could be the deciding point for admissions counselors. The strength of this year’s class is supposed to be high but I think by applying early and having strong SAT IIs will help you though. I am not sure how many students get differed at the U but that could be an option. Try not to worry too much it’ll all be over in a couple hours!!! I say that but I have already started checking myum compulsively… Good Luck!!!</p>

<p>thank you midwesternboy13!
bump? what do you think my chances are on getting in if i get deferred? if i send in strong senior quarter grades and midterms (esp. in bio)</p>

<p>approach these potential hurdles as they come. If you plan for problems you don’t yet have, you only burden your mind with more problems you don’t need.</p>

<p>@kidfromthebeach. Wow! Brilliant! Is that your own quote?</p>