Chance Me? OOS Tuition Waiver

I am currently a Junior at a small high school in Oklahoma.Chance me?
GPA Weighted: 4.382
GPA Nonweighted: 3.92
ACT: 28
DECA- 2 years
DECA Competive- 2 years, placed 4th in State first year. Second has yet to compete
Science Club- 2 years
Student Council- 1 year
Spanish Club- 1 year
Over 100 hours of community service
National Honor Society- 4 years
Was awarded the first ever Faculty award my Freshman year
Cool Cougar Character award for 2 years
Cougar of Excellence award 2 years
Worked as an Office Aid for 2 years (very competitive position at my school)
Was in the ILO (Gifted and Talented Class) from 2nd-9th grade (last year available)

AP’s
Currently enrolled: English 3, US History, Environmental Science

Work
Worked as a waitress a full summer
Work as a model for a local photographer and a local boutique

Applicants qualify for automatic academic admission (but not necessarily to the major of choice), if they:

successfully complete Texas A&M’s required coursework, and
rank in the top quarter of their graduating class on or before the application deadline, and
achieve SAT or ACT test score minimums, and
combined SAT score of at least 1300 (Math and Critical Reading) with at least a 600 in each of these components, or
composite ACT score of at least 30 with at least a 27 in the Math and English components,

satisfy the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy, and
ensure all required documents are received by the application deadline.

As of now per your stats, you would not qualify for academic admit due to your ACT score.

If you are considered a non-resident student, a $1000 competitive scholarship from TAMU will waive the non-resident tuition. Also you might want to consider joining the Corps of Cadets…http://www.aggiecorps.org/?s=scholarships

Also read some of the various threads as this is talked about quite frequently and also texags.com.

here’s some past facts for the class of 2019 to see where you stand versus the rest of the admits by category:

Total apps : 35667
Full Admissions: 17076 (48% of total apps)
Guaranteed Admissions (top 10% + Acad) 14276 (84% of full admissions)
Review Applicants Full Admissions: 2800 (16% of full admissions)

Numbers used for admission profiles (on college search boards) include Blinn Team & Gateway for total admits:
21676 (61% of all apps)

Number of review applicants in total apps: 21391 (13% of review apps gain full admission =2800 offers)

Blinn Team= part time at Community College (Blinn), part time at TAMU (4000 offers)
Gateway = summer probationary admit at TAMU then if qualify, full at TAMU in the fall (600 offers)

So, you should strive for a higher ACT score to become an academic admit. Good luck!