Chance me please! Im a little bit nervous

<p>I’m an out of state student from New Jersey with a 3.3 GPA and a 1050 on the SAT for math and critical reading. I have also taken a good amount of extra curricular activities throughout high school. I applied online to the school a little over a week ago. Over the past week I have become nervous at the possibility of being denied so that is why I am posting this. Any help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>You’ve applied early so your chances are very good that you’ll be accepted.<br>
Welcome!!! </p>

<p>You have over a 3.0, you’re good. :)</p>

<p>Do you know if your school has sent your transcript? And has your SAT been sent?</p>

<p>Did you post on your State Roll Call thread? If not, please do.</p>

<p>Have you visited?</p>

<p>Where from in NJ? I’m from Cape May. </p>

<p>lil bro got in last year with a similar GPA and a 1060 on the SAT. I think you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>I sent in my SAT scores and my guidance counselor will be sending in my transcript sometime this week. </p>

<p>I have not yet visited but I will if I am accepted. I have seen many pictures and did the virtual campus tour on the UA website.</p>

<p>NJBama- I’m from North Jersey, about 45 minutes from NYC.</p>

<p>Do you guys think I should send in a summary of my extra curricular activities or any letters of recommendation that could help me get accepted?</p>

<p>Right now, not necessary. If you don’t get an acceptance within a month, then have your regional rep check to see if Bama wants those things.</p>

<p>Just got accepted today!!!</p>

<p>Congrats! Is Bama your top choice/one of your top choices? Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congratulations!!</p>

<p>Congratulations roxriz!</p>

<p>Congratulations and thanks for posting. RTR!!!</p>

<p>Congrats.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Congrats!!</p>

<p>I applied about a week ago or so and according to my app. status they have everything but my transcripts.</p>

<p>I’m crossing my fingers on this one since I know I have a high chance of getting denied with about a 2.6 GPA (had a really bad year last year for personal reasons) and a 1700 on my SATs (1100 CR and Math combined) :confused: Still hoping for the best, but Im extremely nervous.</p>

<p>Im an out of stater from Pennsylvania</p>

<p>Mbs1993, did you ever contact admissions and explain to them your situation?</p>

<p>MBS…what is your cum GPA for grades 9-11</p>

<p>Bama does count religion and all classes, so include that.</p>

<p>Did you contact your regional recruiter to help with your app? If not, do so…</p>

<p>Don’t know where in PA you’re from…</p>

<p>Jacquelyn Buechele
Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, South/Central New Jersey, Hawaii </p>

<p><a href=“mailto:jacquelyn.buechele@ua.edu”>jacquelyn.buechele@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Ryan Astor
Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia </p>

<p><a href=“mailto:ryan.astor@ua.edu”>ryan.astor@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Tell your rep about your situation and tell him/her about your missing transcripts.</p>

<p>Also, check with your school to make sure they were sent (and when).</p>

<p>My cum. GPA is seriously about a 2.6 right now. It’s getting higher from that as my senior year goes on and I’m getting A’s and B’s (first quarter didn’t end yet).</p>

<p>I have not contacted admissions or an area rep , I don’t even know what I’d say to them!</p>

<p>My year was really bad last year and starting at the end of my sophomore year due to personal things going on such as bullying. It happened to me all last year by the same group of people and I was constantly in the guidance office. I really don’t think anyone at admissions for Alabama is going to feel any sympathy.</p>

<p>My guidance counselor told me he sent my transcripts the next day I came in to give him some more. He is also on the board of education down in Alabama and pretty much pushes for students to apply down there. He told me he wrote me a nice letter of recommendation and that he emailed a rep that was coming to the area in November to talk to prospective students about the school and gave her my name (I think).</p>

<p>My transcripts were send from my public school that I attended from 9th through 11th grade and now Im in a private/catholic school. Since the transcripts were sent from my public school, my senior schedule was not sent and neither was anything else from this school. </p>

<p>When I go to check my app status on my online application, everything was received EXCEPT for my transcripts and next to the transcript box it says my current school name. Should I contact them and tell them that the transcripts will be coming from my OLD school?</p>

<p>So far, all I’ve done is sent my transcripts, SATs and applied online.</p>

<p>What else should I be doing?</p>

<p>And I’m just outside of Philadelphia to the west.</p>

<p>Sent you a PM… You can either respond to it here or in PM.</p>

<p>Mbs1993- my son recently was accepted at UA with a 2.73 and a SAT of 1190, out of state. Like you, his grades have been improving and he has lots of sports extracurriculars. My son attended three private schools before ending up in public school for his 11/12th years. The only transcript we have needed is from the public school which includes, as part of the public school transcript, his transcripts from all of the other high schools he attended; it has not been necessary to obtain transcripts from any of the other schools. All the best.</p>

<p>*My transcripts were send from my public school that I attended from 9th through 11th grade and now Im in a private/catholic school. Since the transcripts were sent from my public school, my senior schedule was not sent and neither was anything else from this school. </p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Oh I missed this.</p>

<p>This may be why Bama is waiting. They’re waiting to see something from your current school. So have your current school send what you’re taking and perhaps they can include some kind of progress grades if your first quarter hasn’t ended yet (will it end soon)?</p>