Chance Me Please! URGENT

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I'm Brazilian and currently I am studying Civil Engineering at Tennessee Technological University, however I want to transfer to Purdue. I'm enrolled at the Honors Program and I have a GPA of 3.7 out of 4.0.</p>

<p>So, what are my chances to get in?</p>

<p>chances are, you will get in due to the high acceptance rate of 68%, but it is also a weed-out college, where most freshmen fail the intro to engineering course. i am planning on applying there, but am kinda scared of the workload that comes along with it x-(</p>

<p>Would a current Purdue engineering student please respond to the above post? I find it hard to believe that “most freshmen fail the intro to engineering course”. My daughter just finished her freshman year at Purdue, and I sure haven’t heard anything about students failing the intro engineering course.</p>

<p>I just finished my freshman year at Purdue, and I don’t know anyone who has failed ENGR131. I know of a select few people who failed or got a D in ENGR132 mostly because of blowing off homework. If any classes are notorious for weeding out students, I’d be more worried about calc 2, physics, and CS 159.</p>

<p>ENGR131 is a very easy course. CS159 is also another joke of a course. Both are easy if you goto class. The student has to miss all of the class for this course in order to fail. Btw, I also transferred from a college in Tennessee to Purdue last year, and the transition has been hard, but definitely worth it IMO. They are right, you will be accepted - but the academics here are much more rigorous than what you are used to are your current university. Good luck!</p>

<p>Edit: My opinion of CS159 might be a bit biased since I am after all a CS major. I took ENGR131 when I was majoring on Computer Engineering</p>