Chance Me Please!

<p>Hi guys I have always wanted to go to Texas A&M and the reality will soon set in whether I will or will not go there.</p>

<p>I go to one of the most competitive highschools in Texas. </p>

<p>Top 33% in my class.
3 AP's taken: Psychology, US History, and World
AP Scores:
3 on World
4 on US History</p>

<p>SAT : 690 M, 610 CR, 580 W E 10
Composite: (1300)</p>

<p>EC's: Track for three years in high school.
Worked at kroger part time for three years.
Lifeguarded full time one summer.
Minor Volunteer Work.</p>

<p>I also plan on picking engineering as my major.
If anyone has an honest opinion I would like to know where I stand.
Considering taking the SAT again and getting hopefully getting a composite (1350-1400).
I think it would help!</p>

<p>you would have automatic admission with your 1300 if you were in top 25%.
A&M knows the highly rated high schools, hopefully your 33% at your HS will be good enough.</p>

<p>I believe you have an excellent chance of being admitted.</p>

<p>YOu don’t say, have you aready applied? You really should as Engineering fills up quickly.</p>

<p>no i am applying this week should i put engineering as both majors?</p>

<p>you will have to select WHICH Engineering Major you want. I would select your first choice of Engineering Majors - and then select a 2nd choice of Engineering Majors…</p>

<p>yes, what I meant was that I was putting two engineering ex. petroleum for my first and chemical for my second. But I have heard rumors to put your first choice first and then a random choice such as general studies or geometric sciences.</p>

<p>I have no idea werthjon, I do know that some majors will not accept you if you put them as 2nd choice. So you really need to put your first choice first and be sure your 2nd choice isn’t one that wont accept 2nd choice.</p>

<p>it is January and the paranoia is setting on…i am doubting my chances of getting in. i switched my primary major to civil engineering and my secondary to economics. I wonder how good of a chance I really have. Am I a borderline/waitlist type admit? Also, I took 3 ap classes for the fall semester and got A’s in all three of them both semesters. This will shoot up my gpa and class rank. Will A&M see these grades and maybe will help sway their decision? Also, when should I expect my admission letter?</p>

<p>First if your GPA came up you need to get your school to send a new transcript ASAP.
I have heard early March for admissions, but that some trickle in over the next few weeks…
One of my D’s friends found out yesterday on line that she was admitted. (she was a review admit as well)</p>

<p>Oh and my D’s letter came several days after it was updated online, so keep checking your account!</p>

<p>Ty for the info…so I’m allowed to send a new transcript…it comes out in Feb for the school</p>

<p>^Absolutely. You should submit anything that significantly impacts your application in a positive way. If you get some elite award after you apply – send the news to admissions (and, if applicable, your first choice “college” – Dwight Look, for ex) via email. If your new gpa puts you in an auto-admit bracket, send it in. Anything that significantly reflects well on you – send it in, even if your application is already “final.” That applies to all schools on your list. Don’t bother them with minor details or trivia that doesn’t significantly impact your status, though. Just the big stuff! (And moving from review admit to auto admit is big stuff.)</p>

<p>thanks for the info…hopefully will be in the top 25 with the february transcript…btw should i take the sat again and shoot for a 1350-1400 composite…or should my 1300 suffice? it is 80 points higher than a&m’s average</p>