Chance me, please!

<p>I was wondering if people could chance me while the admission acceptances are fresh on mind.
-I am class 2013.
-My dad was in the corps at A&M.
-I am planning on doing summer research at A&M (roughly 10 weeks).
-I did JV football, won state in OAP, in NHS, Junior Rotarian club, and science club.
-I will have around 50 college hours after senior graduation.(current college GPA is ~3.5)
-SAT m+cr =1110 (1670 all)
-ACT 22 (retaking it)</p>

<p>I would rather not get Blinn Team because I will already have many college hours from a community college.</p>

<p>Thanks for chancing.</p>

<p>What is your class rank??? That is the best way into A&M top 10%</p>

<p>Yeah, I’m only in the top 25%. We only have ~10 kids in our top 10%.</p>

<p>I would focus on getting your test scores up… Many kids with higher class rank for 2012 have been given Blinn Team or PSA…</p>

<p>Thanks for the input, anyone else?</p>

<p>I agree with previous post. You need to get your scores up to have a chance for full admission. </p>

<p>Have you considered going to a test prep course. My daughter went to one and raised her scores from 22 to ACT 26 and still only got Blinn TEAM with similar ranking and numerous extracurriculars, recommendations, and leadership on her resume.</p>

<p>Look into the minimum requirements for academic admit on their web-site. If you raise your scores and stay in the top 25% you’ll qualify for academic admit. Show your interest in the school by making campus visits (sign in) and attend all A&M visits at your school (raise your hand and make your presence known). Apply as early as possible, BEFORE OCT. 1st!!! Do more than what is required, write 3 essays, send a resume, send teacher’s recs.</p>

<p>I appreciate all the responses</p>

<p>Yeah you really need to get those test scores up. I was at a 27 for the ACT and a 1800 for the SAT (1240 CR+M) and around top 30% of my class (Ranked 120 out of 420) Even with my laundry list of extra curriculars I think I barely got full admissions. Lucky for you A&M review process is holistic. So write some good personalized essays and you should have a better chance of getting in.</p>

<p>I agree with the others. Your best bet is academic admit - get your SAT up to 1300+ (with math and cr 600+) or ACT 30+. Also, I would highly recommend you taking 2 SAT subject tests in your strongest areas. There are many areas u can choose from. I sent my SAT subject test scores for math level 2 and chemistry to texas a&m, columbia, ut, and other schools I applied to. Even though a&m doesn’t require subject tests, the OoA looks favorably upon you.</p>

<p>Also, when building a resume, don’t be modest. A resume doesn’t have to be one page. My resume is 3 pgs, but its brief and detailed. On my resume, I had several sections such as Education info, awards section (one page), school clubs, extracurricular/sports, volunteer service, summer experiences (here mention any classes you taken, or big research project), and lastly Hobbies and Interests (this is the part where you convience admissions that u have a life! On mine, one of them is “Pickup truck enthuiast: read magazines such as Truckin’ and Truck trend in order to stay updates about various pickup trucks.” Be interesting! :slight_smile: ). This works!</p>

<p>Sounds like a lot, but it will help improve ur chances of getting in. From the stats in a&m forum, people I know from school, reading online articles, it is looking like class of 2016 will be a&m’s most competitive class in the school history. I am admitted as a review admit. Good luck and Gig 'em.</p>

<p>Jacobt1994 - to give u an idea, I listed my stats on another forum. Look for a response under my username: “toyotaTundraFan”. Here’s the link: <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1303794-review-admit.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1303794-review-admit.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>@ toyotaTundraFan wow… 2016 will be the most competitive? That’s somewhat stressful! We got 4 years though so I’m pretty sure there will be many students transferring in/out during that time so the statistic could change. </p>

<p>@Jacobt1994 You should definitely get that SAT/ACT score up. Not only for admission but because A&M is really good on their academic scholarships. There’s so many that you could qualify for just by having a combined CR and Math score of 1300. What I like about A&M is that they’re so generous with scholarships. I have already gotten $33K and am waiting on my FAFSA to come in. Take prep classes and start planning because college application time will come again before you know it!</p>

<p>Eve411 - I guess I shouldn’t have said that part. Maybe I exaggerated a little. Lol. But it is getting more competitive to get in every yr though. That’s for sure.</p>

<p>Jacobt1994 - sorry, one last thing: APPLY EARLY!!! Very important especially when applying to public universities like A&M! Other than that, just keep working hard ur junior yr and give 110% on ur college app and u will be fine!</p>