Chance me please

<p>Hi im currently going to be a high school senior in the fall and I'm planning on applying for early admission. I saw on college board early admission applications are due december 1st so i plan on taking one more SAT in early october before sending in my application. But please chance me right now</p>

<p>Rank: 94/705
SAT: Reading: 520 Math: 510 Writing: 450 (I know my score isnt good) I know since im not top 10 automatic academic admission is 1300 math and reading and im a little far off
ACT: haven't taken </p>

<p>Other information</p>

<p>Honors/Awards
• National Society of High School Scholars
• National Honor Society
• 2011 Fall HOSA Area Competition
• Club Soccer Captain
Leadership
• Business Professionals of America- Parliamentarian
• Young Life-Leader
• Church- Youth Group Leader
• Church- Acolyte Server
Community Service
• Retirement Home- 2 hours every week, 11th grade
• Different Retirement Home- 1 hour every week, 9th/10th grade
• Volunteer Retreat- 48 hours total 10th grade
• Church Spring Festival- 14 hours total -3 years
• Church Fall Festival- 14 hours total -3 years
• Helped out at alcohol awareness event 30 hours total, 11th grade
• Church feed the homeless- 20 hours every month- 1 year
• Volunteer at Hospital Summer-11th grade 8 hours weekly
Extracurricular Activities
• HOSA
• Art Club
• Young life
• Student Council
• High School Soccer
• Club Soccer
• Business Professionals of America
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes</p>

<p>Does not look good at all!! Even if you sneak in the top 10% your SAT score are to low to be an auto admit as top 10%. To be honest you currently have no chance to get into engineering or Buisness school. What are majoring in?</p>

<p>Your SAT score is going to kill you. Even with a ton of ECs A&M will not overlook that low of an SAT score. If you had outstanding grades that would be one thing but you not even being in the top 10% with that SAT score is going to be detrimental.</p>

<p>Maybe take the ACT to see if you can get a somewhat decent score on that. But right now I would say a definite no.</p>

<p>I love this SergeantCowboy person I swear he must work at the admissions office at A&M! He told me no too but listen, if you are not top 10% or academic admit, STILL APPLY. You never know and what is wrong with applying just to see? Good Luck</p>

<p>^ All he’s doing is chancing, like the original poster asked. He never said don’t apply.</p>

<p>Well all they are doing is discouraging this person not to apply. “Definite no” and “no chance” aren’t gonna help. You can study the admissions website all you want but unless you actually have a say in the admissions process, you cannot be certain about anything. There are plenty of people with amazing grades who don’t get in. All I’m saying is don’t take to heart what people tell you on the internet.</p>

<p>Haha thanks to everyone of course I’m still gonna apply Texas a&m is my first choice and I’m workin on my sat score :frowning: I know it’s really low but I’ve only taken it once without prep but this summer I’ve already taken a class and tried to improve a lot and I took a mock sat and got a 1650 and that was in the middle of the class… So I’m still improving I already signed up for the October and November test and early admission ends dec 1 so I’m really trying but thanks everybody:) really appreciate the feedback</p>

<p>What do you expect, rangers? No offence to sarahhh here, but her stats aren’t very promising at all. I doubt she wants people to lie to her though, and tell her she has a great chance when she really doesn’t. She wouldn’t have made a chance me thread if she didn’t want the truth. With the feedback given to her, she’ll work that much harder to improve her chances.</p>

<p>And sarahhh, I really recommend taking the ACT over the SAT.</p>

<p>Rangers – I don’t work in the admissions office. I’m an incoming freshman who wasn’t an academic admit and applied just like everyone. To be honest I wasn’t sure I was going to get in. I’m not trying to discourage anyone here – I’m just offering advice on what people can do to improve their chances. It takes a lot of time and costs money to apply to a college. If someone has got very little chance of getting in based on your experience, why not tell them?</p>

<p>And if you suggest “not taking to heart what people tell you on the internet”, why are you on here asking for advice?</p>

<p>Thanks to all the people going to bat for me haha.</p>

<p>Yeah you’re right. I wasn’t asking for advice, simply out of curiosity I asked because I know regardless, I am still going to apply. I guess that’s just me.</p>