Chance me please!

<p>Junior
GPA 3.7 (3.3 in 9th grade, 3.8 in 10th , predict 4.0 in 11th)
Rank 12%-18%
SAT
First time in sophomore year
CR 400 Math 640 Writing 450
Second time last month
CR 540 Math 770 Writing 490
(1310 out of 1600,1800 out of 2400)
ACT 20!!!!(I'm not going to use it anyway)
I have heard that A&M doesn't look at the writing second at all, but not sure.</p>

<p>I don't have lots of ECs
Spanish club
Business professional of America
Having a part time job since freshmen year( is it a EC?)
Volunteer at a local library </p>

<p>I'm also a trilingual speaker
First generation
New immigrant( have been here for 2 years and faced tons of language problems and cultural problema when I was new here)</p>

<p>Chance me Please!
I'm going to retake the SAT, hopefully score 800 on math( I only missed 1 question last time) and 600 on reading( This is pretty hard to achieve because English is my second language)</p>

<p>By the way, is it OK that I take the SAT more than 3 times? Will it decrease my chance at A&M?</p>

<p>Hey, if you can get the CR up to 600 then you will be auto academic admit, and ECs won’t matter! :slight_smile: But, you do have a lot of material for some good essays! Good luck! :)</p>

<p>Oh and they do not care at all how many times you take the tests, but will only use the best one day score. And for a review admit, you have some great qualities!</p>

<p>Thank you! I’m pretty sure that my math score will always stay above 700, but 600 on critical reading is really killing me right now.
And do you know if they look at the writing section? If they do, my chance would be decreased dramatically.</p>

<p>At the prospective student session, the admission guy said you must take the writing section (of ACT or SAT) but they do not have a number you have to meet, at least not yet. Don’t stress too much, you have a lot of time left. :)</p>

<p>I think you have a good chance. Great Math score, btw! Congratulations!</p>

<p>You only need 60 more points on that reading score to be an auto admit! Keep trying! Also, you might get lucky on that class rank. If you’re closer to the 12% than you are to the 18% - meet with your counselor and see if they can advise you about how to improve your class rank. Top 10%, and nothing else matters anymore.</p>

<p>Thank you guys. I know I can write the hardship I have faced in my essays, but as you can see, I really suck at writing.;( Anyways, I will try my best to get my reading score up to 600.
Getting into Dwight look engineer school is my goal.</p>