Chance me, please

<p>Hey, I'm an international freshman applicant. Could someone please chance me based on my SAT score and recent grades? I've applied for computer engineering.</p>

<p>SAT Superscore: 1970 - Maths 740, Writing 650, CR 580.</p>

<p>Year 12 final grades: Math A, Physics C, Chemistry C.
Year 13 mid-year grades: Math A*, Physics A, Chemistry C.</p>

<p>I don’t think I’m the best authority for this since I’ve actually asked for a similar request on a separate thread, however, I’ll try to give you my two cents.</p>

<p>It’s good to see that your grades in year 13 have improved since year 12, it’s always better to have an upward trend than the opposite. I’m surprised you have no Bs though, considering your gap, but that’s none of my business. Your 3 total Cs are a little disturbing, cause that gives you a technical combined 3.0 GPA (I’m not sure if that’s a correct translation, especially seeing as you have an A*, but i don’t know how to interpret that.</p>

<p>Your SAT seems solid, your reading is a little on the low end. </p>

<p>Verdict: I think it’s going to come down to your ECs, in my opinion, you’re a pretty borderline case and I would say Purdue for CE is a Match/Reach. </p>

<p>Thanks for the insight! Btw my grades translate to a gpa of 3.33 if you were wondering.</p>

<p>Yeah, everything got super competitive this year, with every uni receiving a record number of applications (especially for STEM Majors). TRADITIONALLY, Purdue doesn’t have extraordinarily high standards, but even UIUC was highly competitive this year (a lot of my friends, who I thought were qualified, were rejected). So I would say that according to past years, you’re in, but this year, who knows?</p>

<p>Hmmm I get what you’re trying to say. I, along with several friends who were strong candidates, got rejected from UIUC. Oh well, lets just hope for the best</p>