Chance Me Please [for MA/MS cognitive/educational psychology]

Demographics-- I’m from Florida but am open to anywhere in the U.S. I’m a first-gen, Hispanic woman.
Intended Major(s)-- Cognitive Psychology/Cognitive Science, Educational Psychology
UW GPA, Rank, and Test Scores–UW GPA: 3.61, Cum Laude Graduate, and no GRE scores
Coursework-- Research Methods, Statistics, Cognitive Processes, Psychopathology, Psychotherapy, Developmental Psychology, Public Speaking, Emotional Regulation Biology
Awards-- N/A
Extracurriculars (incl. summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)-- Volunteered in several research studies, but no relevant work or research experience.
Essays/LORs/Other-- I have two decent LOR
Cost Constraints / Budget-- Programs under 50k
Schools including Safety, Match, Reach (include ED/EA when applicable)-- So far, my reach is Teacher’s College at Columbia University for the Cognitive Science in Education Master’s Program.
#what-are-my-chances #match-me

What is your goal for after you get a Master’s degree? What kind of career are you looking for? Depending on what you’re interested in, it may be better to apply for doctoral programs than for a Master’s (and doctoral programs are usually funded…they pay you, you don’t pay them).

Also, where are you wanting to live after graduating? Depending on what you’re interested in doing career-wise, it may be wise to get your degree in the state where you plan to reside.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.