Chance Me Please

<p>I don't really expect to get in, but I'd like to think what you guys think, please be honest, but no need to rip on me or anything, I understand this is a reach school...</p>

<p>GPA: 3.45 UW
SAT: 640 Math, 650 CR, 590 Writing
Good extra curricular activities, good letters of recommendation, and two excellent essays.
I am an out of state student in a high school that ranked in the top 100 in the nation in terms of public schools.</p>

<p>Please let me know, I would really appreciate it!</p>

<p>According to the chart, you have about a 50-55% chance of admission. If you do well this semester and send in those grades I'm sure that would help. I'm under the impression admissions are tougher this year though so who knows. Good luck though.</p>

<p>Being a full pay OOS student is your best in these days.</p>

<p>Honestly, I think you'll get in. People on this site have better numbers but It is my belief that only brightest students stroll through here. My numbers are lower and I think I'll get in based on collegeboard.com's statistics. My SAT scores fall within the middle 50% and so do yours. I applied early action and I'll let you know when I get my decision (it's been made because the "Check Status" link disappeared on myUW).</p>

<p>Thanks to all three of you... especially you Omar, that made me feel a lot better.</p>

<p>If I submitted in early December when would you expect I could hear from them? I figure probably a couple weeks after the deadline that the early action applicants would hear. I haven't seen anyone who applied after early action who got their decision unless I am mistaken...</p>

<p>Thanks again, you don't know how much I appreciate it.</p>

<p>I used to check my status a couple times a day, to no avail. The University of Wisconsin seems to be overwhelmed this year with the amount of applicants so don't expect you decision until the regular decision notification date. Like I said, I'll let you know in 48 hours along with my stats.</p>

<p>By March 15th, especially if you are not a stromg candidate. You may be one of those whose place depends on someone else deciding to go elsewhere.</p>

<p>My status changed to "Congratulations" today!</p>

<p>When you applied- October 28
What your UW GPA is- 94.38 Weighted
SAT/ACT Test scores- 1730/2400
Where you are from- San Antonio, Texas
When you were accepted- January 8
Anything else you would like to add- Superb essays and recommendations from people who REALLY knew me and cited personal experiences.</p>

<p>There is hope.</p>