Chance Me, Please :-)

<p>Can somebody weigh my chances? It would be greatly appreciated if you do :-).</p>

<p>Background Info-
State: New Jersey
Race/Ethnicity: African-American
Grade: Senior
GPA: 4.0+ (weighted) Don't know unweighted
SAT I: 1890 out of 2400 (taking them again in November!)
SAT II: taking them next week!
AP Scores: US History (received score of 4), taking AP Calculus, Physics, and English Literature & Composition this year</p>

<p>ECs:
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (9,10,11,12) (Vice-President in 11th) President (12th)
Asian Awareness (9,10,11,12)
DECA (9,10,11,12)
Health Careers Club (9,10,11,12-) (Vice President in 11th)
Students United For Respect and Equality (10, 11,12) (Secretary in 11th)
- Have Been participating in Blood Drives for Three Years
-Have done recent mentoring with middle school children
Total hours: about 50 hours</p>

<p>Summer Experience
-People to People Student Ambassador Program - Japan, Land of the Rising Sun (9)
-Various speaking engagements (10)
- Medical Office Receptionist: translating from Spanish to English, making appointments, etc. (11)
Additional Information:
I have self-published a book in 2008 called "I'm Still Here". I am currently on my third novel (writing is my passion). I have done various speaking engagements from my local P.A.L club to a business summer program at Cornell University, as well as several interviews with local and widespread newspapers. </p>

<p>Awards
Academic Excellence Award (9,10,11)
Black History Month Award (10)
DECA State Qualifier (10,11)
2nd Place Overall in DECA Hotel and Lodging Management Area (11)
3rd Place Overall in 1st Role Play in DECA Hotel and Lodging Management Area (11)
Award for 2nd Place Role Play in DECA Hotel and Lodging Management Area at NJ State Conference (11)
Candace for Black Women's Volunteer Award (11)</p>

<p>Thoughts?? </p>

<p>My dream school is Princeton. Does anyone think I have a shot if I have amazing essays and recommendations to go along with my stats?</p>

<p>Chance me @ other schools
-NYU
-Columbia
-UCLA
-Emerson
-And of course...Princeton!</p>

<p>Morgansimone. Welcome to CC.
This is not a chance response…</p>

<p>It would be good to have an approximation of what your uw GPA is, you should check with your Counselor. Have you tried the ACT to see how it compares with your SAT’s?</p>

<p>You display leadership positions within your EC’s which is always a good factor to the selective schools. Make sure you highlight in your essays your passions and your uniqueness.</p>

<p>Re Chance: A good place to start looking is on the boards of your schools of choices on this forum.</p>

<p>I’ve attached the acceptance thread of Princeton’s class of 2013. Review and see how you stack up.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/princeton-university/675655-official-princeton-class-2013-decisions-thread.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/princeton-university/675655-official-princeton-class-2013-decisions-thread.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Overall, with Princeton being your dream school your only loss opportunity would be if you don’t apply. Good Luck on your SAT II’s.</p>

<p>Its all holistic, so the EC’s, Amazing Rec’s, and Stats are all weighted…</p>

<p>Okay thanks. My uw gpa is about a 3.86</p>