Chance Me Please

<p>Hi guys, I'm somewhat interested in Hampshire (kinda borderline, right now). I have a 3.5 GPA and have OK test scores (will not submit them if I apply). I have good EC's though that include a book project where I am collecting drawings from children living in areas affected by war, famine, disease, and/or natural disasters. I have already collected over a hundred drawings and my goal is to publish them in the book. Another project I have been working on is called 'Books for Vietnam' where I held a book drive at my local elementary school to collect American books and ESL resources for Vietnamese children. I'm interested in Int'l Relations and I know Hampshire offers IR. With everything said, would I have a chance of getting admitted if I end up applying?</p>

<p>I think it’s hard to “chance” people for Hampshire. If they think you’re interesting, you’ll be admitted, often regardless of grades. GPA’s are not a big factor for them (in comparison to other colleges). EC’s, personal character and teacher evals, initiative (academically, and otherwise), and how well they think you’d “fit” into the program are what’s weighted the most in the application process. As well as writing ability. You really need to be a competent writer, or show them you are interested in improving (if it’s an area you are not as strong in). </p>

<p>If you show a strong interest in the school, you are much more likely to be admitted – but that is probably true of anywhere. </p>

<p>I would say, most likely. But, as with applying to ANY school you will never be a 100% shoe-in. Go for a visit day, see classes, talk to students and teachers. Hampshire is not a good place to apply as borderline about, or uninformed. You need to feel passionate about their mission and the academic structure or you will have a seriously hard time there.</p>