Chance Me Please

<p>Hello All.</p>

<p>I hope I am posting this in the right place.</p>

<p>The schools I want to get accepted to are: (with the following majors)</p>

<p>Berkeley (Undecided)
UCLA (Undecided)
San Diego (Biology: Revelle, ERC, and whatnot)
Davis (Neurobiology, physiology, and behavior major)
Irvine (Biology or neuroscience)
Santa Barbara (Biology)
Riverside (Biology)</p>

<p>UC GPA: 4.1057
I have taken 8 UC Approved Honors/AP courses in 10-11 (16 semesters)
SAT: (Haven’t taken) approximately 2010
Subjects (Haven’t taken) : Math II: 750.…. Lit 690-700</p>

<p>I attend top 1% high school in Southern CA
White
Male</p>

<p>Senior Year Schedule:
AP Bio
AP Calc BC
AP Lit
AP Gov
Econ/Psych
Spanish 5-6
Lab TA</p>

<p>Extracurricular:
100+ hours volunteering in Hospital
Principals Advisory Committee Leader
Anti-Tobacco club (4 years) (in-school) 50+ hours , hold officer positions for 3 years
Founding member / Co-President of Pre-Med Club
Perfect Attendance 10th and 11th grade
Physics Award
CA Scholastic Federation member for 3+ years
Top 8% of class</p>

<p>Please give me your honest opinion.
If I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. </p>

<p>Thanks a lot and if you want me to chance you back, let me know.</p>

<p>Since you haven’t taken your SAT I and II’s it is hard to give you sound feedback without even more speculation than already exists had you completed these tests. I think you are wise to apply to UCB and UCLA “undecided”, since your projected scores are somewhat underwhelming for these two UC’s, as well as your UC (weighted) GPA. Getting accepted to these schools as an “undecided major” will be give you a slightly better chance. My question is this (a question that I truly don’t know the answer to): will you be able to transfer into the major of your choice, should you be accepted ? I know getting into Engineering at both UCB and UCLA are next to impossible, once the declaration period begins, but wasn’t sure about the sciences. This might be a moot point because, based on your projected scores, you would have to be considered a low reach at these two schools. If it is any consolation, UCD, UCSB, and UCI are excellent schools for the sciences and probably a better match for you stats-wise. UCSD is a great choice for Biology but a little more selective than UCD, UCSB, or UCI and slightly less selective than UCB and UCLA. UCR would be your safety school. Good luck.</p>

<p>thx.
Yes, I know that my grades arent on par with UCB/UCLA. Honestly, my first choice is UCSD (unless I get into UClA). </p>

<p>Chnace me please.</p>

<p>bump…
please comment
any advise, comment, or whatever will be greately appreciated</p>

<p>i say just apply and hope for the best. there’s no way for anyone to predict whether anyone’s going to get in at any of the uc’s, considering the wide range of aspects that go in to the admissions process and the outlying variables that influence admissions every year. the most you can do is try your hardest, and apply. stop worrying about what colleges people think you’ll get into, because when all’s said and done, we’re just basing this off our own stats, and we don’t even know that those are why we were admitted/rejected. so do your best and apply and you’ll get in to the colleges you get in to and you’ll get rejected from the one’s you don’t, there’s nothing you can do to change that if you try your best. good luck man!</p>