Chance me PLEASE.

<p>I finished my application on October 29th, we're finishing up my transcript right now and I'm getting my recommendations....</p>

<p>Here is my background info....
-3.8 GPA under a 5.0 scale
-21 ACT Score, I took it twice, the other one was a 20
-Involved in Sports and Activities like Football and Peer Counseling
-Have made an improvement with Class Difficulties over the years, Started from very weak classes to very strong honor/A.P classes.</p>

<p>Also I was basically in special ed/prep/below general classes my fresh year, I really have no clue how the hell that happened, but I improved my way through soph year and junior year. After the 1st semester, I was taking pure General classes, Sophomore year, pure general classes again with great grades. Junior year, I started taking Honor/A.P classes. Senior year/currently, I'm taking A.P classes</p>

<p>I did not mention once being in special ed classes in my application, so should the person admitting me in or not, be able to recognize it though? It does show I was withdrawn from it.</p>

<p>I’m also going to major in Psychology.</p>

<p>Your ACT scores are lower than Purdue would probably like, but having an upward trend in your grades is always good. How are your math and science grades/scores? Psych is now in the college of health and human sciences, not liberal arts (which would have been easier to get into). However, I’m not sure if they changed the plan of study for psych to be more science or math based, so it might not even matter.</p>

<p>For some reason the Psychology major on the Purdue, it doesn’t say it is a liberal arts. It is like science something, weird…I talked to my guidance counselor about this, it was weird, because it should be in Liberal Arts but it wasn’t. I even showed him this on his school computer.</p>

<p>My grades weren’t necessarily getting better, just the rigorous of courses.</p>

<p>They just moved psych to the college of health and human sciences this summer, I keep forgetting this lol. And I’m not sure then, and upward trend in good grades would have been better.</p>

<p>Oh and for the record 3.8 gpa on 5.0 scale is basically 2.8 on a 4.0 scale, because our school is like that. I don’t like it, but it is the way it is…</p>

<p>Are my chances really low now or something?</p>

<p>2.8 is kinda low for purdue, tbh</p>

<p>yeah, thanks for the heads up, i didn’t know that…(sarcasm)</p>

<p>so dixie…what are my chances?</p>

<p>

Careful now. You don’t want treat these people like you did the ones on the MSU forum. You asked for “chances” and need to take the positive with the negative. Good Luck!</p>

<p>Tell me what my chances are…because frankly you didn’t do it or the guy that stated the obvious.</p>

<p>very well then, i’ll bite.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>yes.</p>

<p>you already answered, will you just get lost?</p>

<p>nope, and i’ll let everybody else decide whether to reply or not based on what you posted in this thread:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/michigan-state-university/993180-how-my-chances-msu.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/michigan-state-university/993180-how-my-chances-msu.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>

</p>

<p>yeah, I don’t like MSU. I’m sorry if that offends you. All I can tell you is Purdue always has been and always will be better.</p>

<p>I find it pretty funny you are giving advice even though you got wait-listed…and basically denied. I’ll wait to talk to someone credible and i’ll probably make a new thread later, someone who is i don’t know…credible, knows what they’re talking about, smart.</p>

<p>thanks man…i’m sure purdue loves people like you…oh wait.</p>

<p>We can’t know for sure if you’ll be admitted or not. Everyone’s high school career is different and Purdue will take that into account. However, I can tell you that you are probably on the lower end of the students applying. You have to remember that there are students applying for 4.0s and 30+ on their ACTs. I’d say your chances are fair but I can’t tell you if you will be admitting or not, you just have to wait.</p>

<p>okay, thanks dixie. I know that you can’t tell If I’ll get in or not for sure, and I know that a lot of people’s careers are different. I think mine is somewhat rare too. I am just trying to see if I any hope at all.</p>

<p>oh and what did you mean by plan to math and science whatever?</p>

<p>Does that mean they are going to focus more on my math and science grades? Because I was a poor science student and I still am, and they may have been what triggered my gpa to be so low. Math is not an issue though, that is probably my best subject.</p>

<p>Get your other college applications ready - unless you live in Indiana, no chance.</p>