Chance me pls!

I have a 3.625 GPA and a 530 Math/630 English score for SAT, was in 2 AP classes Junior year, and in 3 Senior year (made 3’s on English and U.S. Hist AP Exams)
Have been involved in 4-H, founded 2 school clubs, invited to leadership conferences locally, and varsity tennis all 4 years
Worked at local city tennis courts 9th-12th grade and founded my own DJ company
Have over 90+ service hours

What are my chances? and when should I hear back from them? (I applied late October)

Thanks so much guys!

Review applicants are hard to judge. You could receive a decision by mid December but the majority of review applicants hear after school resumes mid January through late Feb.
good luck

What is your class rank?
Is 3.625 your unweighted or your weighted gpa?
What is your preferred major?
Do any of your essays discuss why your SAT is below the TAMU average?
Have you taken the ACT? You might score higher on the ACT and TAMU has that test on campus, valid only for TAMU. It would be a good idea to take it there if you have the time to go to CStat before the deadline.
Good luck.

My school doesn’t do class rank
weighted
business management and political science
no
no, i already submitted the test scores

Have you already applied @djbaydawg?

An admissions officer on another forum once wrote:

The rank and test scores are viewed together and they make up around 50% of the decision. The essays, personal achievement, etc. make up the other 50%. For a student that comes from a non-ranking high school, we use their GPA in relation to their school’s grading scale to assign a quartile ranking. Other than that, GPA is not even considered in our process.

When we look at the rank and test scores, we determine a projected GPA here at TAMU. We use algorithms to combine a student’s rank and test scores and it produces 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, so on and so forth. Once we see what a student’s projected GPA is, we begin weighing all the other components.

@thelma2 Yes I have already applied; and thanks for the info. My scores and GPA aren’t great, but hopefully my EC make up :slight_smile:

@djbaydawg The rank assigned you should be on your AIS somewhere. I hope so!! Best of luck to you. Fingers crossed.

@Thelma2 thanks so much!

If 3.65 is a weighted GPA, my guess you’re not in top 25%, probably top 50%? TAMU will assign you a rank by quarter increments. Major in business will be difficult ( consider a minor or transfer later ) but political science should be still open should you gain admission as a review. You can update your scores by retaking the exams & submitting the results before the application cutoff. They will only count your highest one sitting score. 1160 is significantly below academic admit status ( 1360 ) which people use as a bench mark as to a ‘good score’ here. Over 85% of the admits will be either top 10% TX rank or academic admits, you will compete with all other review applicants for the spots that are left after the automatic admits are processed. Be sure to apply to a back up school that you like & be prepared for the various types of admission you may be offered here, not just full admission which is a bit of a reach if you’re 2nd quarter and below the 1360 - although that is only 50% of the decision. The other 50% is everything else you submit. Best of luck!