Chance me poli sci/ elliot school

GPA weighted: 4.01
GPA unweighted: 3.62
Grades do have an upward trend. Went from a 3.1 freshman year to a 4.5 junior year
Test Score: 1420 SAT

AP work
Sophmore: AP EURO
Junior: AP MACRO, APUSH, AP LANG, AP PHYSICS
Senior: AP BIO, AP GOV, AP LIT, AP CALC

Extracurriculars:

1X TF- varsity potentially this year?
1X CROSS COUNTRY
1X SOCCER
sports spread out throughout highschool
Member of Varsity Debate
Member of NHS
I know I should have done something like MUN to show interest however there trips cost around 400 dollars on average and I couldn’t ask my parents to pay that :confused:
Ride Operations Lead at rather large amusement park- It is a significant leadership role; over the summer was putting in 40-50 hours per week school year 5-10 hours
I have started a website on Politics its kind of spread out between news and opinion. It has received somewhere between 100-500 views per month

2 glowing letters of recommendation
I will attempt to visit the campus
Thanks, and if there is any more information that could be helpful please ask!

Your stats look good. I think that as long as you can convey a strong interest in the University you’ll have a great shot at acceptance. Good luck!

@NHuffer . Thanks for Chancing me! I have a completely random question that has nothing to do with this but you seem extremely knowledgeable about GWU. Do you by any chance know if receiving a merit Scholarship decreases the amount of need-based aid you get?
Thanks!

Unfortunately I don’t have the answer to that question. I understand the admissions process pretty well and know a lot about the school, but the inner-workings of financial aid is a big blind spot for me. If I had to guess, I’d say that no, merit aid doesn’t decrease other forms of aid.