Chance me pretty pretty please :)

<p>Im Hispanic (Puerto rican and Dominican), average public , "A" school in florida.
Income- ~~ 150,000 w/mom and step dad (dad moved out of country)
wGPA- 4.29
unGPA- 3.41
core GPA- 3.78
Intended major, Biology
SAT- took twice 1640 (530R, 630M, 480W)
took once ACT- 31 (29E,36M,28R,31S) 8W, 27E+W
Obviously ill send the ACT
Sat2 math level 2:600 BioM:610
Took 3 APs ( Human geography(2) Biology(3) Calculus AB (5) </p>

<p>Senior schedule:
Ap Calculus BC
Ap psychology
Ap physics C Mech and E+C
English 4 Hon
Guitar 1
Spanish 2
Executive Intern Hon</p>

<p>EC</p>

<p>300 hours
Thespians all 4 years
Key club 11th and 12th
National science honor society 12th
Environmental club 12th
Mu Alpha Theta (math honor society) 12th
Greeter at church
volunteered for a police summer camp 10th grade
volunteered for 2 elementary schools 9th & 10th & 11th
Math tutor
Award: Gold GPA award
no job experience
Ill have good recommendations from my Ap calc AB&BC (same teacher) and Ap biology teacher
great essay</p>

<p>I also have a question
1) should I submit my SAT2 ??</p>

<p>I greatly appreciate any and all feedback</p>

<p>I think you have a solid chance of being accepted with the ACT score of 31. The SAT score is not good to be honest. Your SAT subject tests are not good as well, but I would personally just send all of the scores because UMiami will choose the best scores.</p>

<p>Do you think that they will disregard my SAT score with my ACT score or look at them both ? … SAT to me is just sooooo much harder than ACT</p>

<p>Do colleges look down at the ACT ? Or is equal in their eyes ?</p>

<p>We just sent ACT scores, along with subject tests (because they were really good in DS areas of interest). THe colleges don’t look down on ACT at all from what I’ve heard from more than a dozen college visits. You can send either ACT or SAT.</p>

<p>You have a good chance of getting in. Send only your ACT scores. No need to send SAT. Send your best scores from whatever testing. No need to send SATII’s as they are not required and only worth sending if you got 800s to show you mastered a particular test area (not that SAT IIs imply mastery…)
APs will be important as UM has a generous credit philosophy so try and get some credits but you’ll need 4’s & 5s.
Its unlikely you will get any scholarships but I suspect you’ll get in.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>My son sent his ACT scores and his SAT II subject test scores as well. He did very well on his SAT II’s (750 and higher) but he certainly didn’t get an 800 on any of them. Wouldn’t that be a perfect score? I am a teacher and I know the guidance counselors in the high school where I teach suggest sending any SAT II scores that are 700 or higher. </p>

<p>While UM (and many other colleges) don’t require these tests, it can’t hurt to send them (in my opinion) if the score is 700 or higher. It is just another way to differentiate you from the other applicants.</p>

<p>You have a good chance! Nice extra curriculum activities! Can you chance me for Harvard University? <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1532170-chances-harvard-university.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1532170-chances-harvard-university.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;