Chance me: Software engineering at Purdue

<p>Hello, I was wondering what my chances were in getting into Purdue for software engineering. Here is some background information: </p>

<p>Pros
+ Computer programming has been my passion all throughout highschool
+ Good at writing essays, will explain my passion well
+ 31 ACT
+ Taking independent study (will submit summary to the college) for software engineering
+ Strong improvement from freshman to senior year
+ Strong work habits/ learning programming at home in my own free time
+ My school removed class rank two years ago
+ (?) low income household
+ out of state</p>

<p>Neutrals:
- somewhat weak ex-c's (Represented my school in a programming competition at MSOE) , Student council for two years, stage crew for two years, and spanish club + tennis team this year)</p>

<p>Cons
- GPA (3.45 UW) (3.63 W)
- only AP is AP English this year and AP econ last year (5 honors courses though, including independent study
- in pre-calc due to unfortunate circumstances (set back to the lower math course due to some rough times in middle school)
- in a school filled with white over-achievers (I'm white too)
- This semester my grades are only ok (B's-A-'s)
- Already got waitlisted to Madison so far (they are somewhat known for waitlisting though)</p>

<p>I will chance anyone back that needs it, I'm just really curious what my chances are so I can plan ahead here. I am going to apply to Twin-cities and UW-Stout for 100% safety regardless. I'd like to (cling to the) hope I have somewhat of a good chance at admission however :)</p>

<p>Thanks for reading and any input!</p>

<p>Bump. Anxiously waiting a reply, any input would be great!</p>

<p>After the first wave of admissions, what are my chances now?</p>

<p>I think you have a good shot. The average Purdue GPA is 3.4 - 3.8 (Middle 50%) and the middle 50% for ACT is 28-30 if I am not mistaken. Your EC’s shouldn’t hurt you too much, but they certainly aren’t helping. Best of luck too you. Chance me, and PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET IN.
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1307841-how-much-does-bad-freshman-sophomore-year-hurt.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1307841-how-much-does-bad-freshman-sophomore-year-hurt.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I think you will definitely get in, since purdue’s acceptance rate is about 65-70%… which is very high. Also, your stats are better than me so I think you can make it.</p>