Chance me? Sorry, I know I'm being annoying...

<p>Okay, so I'm interested in attending Texas A&M University for college. My GPA is 4.2 (still needs to be updated), I got a 2070 on the PSAT, (cr-670 math-670 writing-730) and I have 3 AP credits under my belt (5 English composition, 4 APUSH, 4 Music Theory). I am a white female and I have 4 years of consistent extracurricular activities, one year of a leadership position, 3 years of weekly volunteering and a few nominations for school wide awards. Thanks for your time!! :)</p>

<p>What is your class rank and are you instate or oos?</p>

<p>DItto to what perazziman said.</p>

<p>I’m instate and my class rank actually stinks- I’m 181/651. I made A’s in all of my AP classes this year, so I’m expecting my rank to go up quite a bit when it is updated in September.</p>

<p>In IMO (or at least you should be)</p>

<p>edit: Does PSAT mean practice SAT? I never took that so I’m not sure. What is your actual SAT/ACT score?</p>

<p>Yea, just take the SAT to become an academic admit.</p>

<p>Are you a senior this year? Hillo, OP falls ever so slightly outside of academic admit (top 27.8%)</p>

<p>Take your SAT, OP and do very well. Good PSAT scores, btw. </p>

<p>Yes, TXAggie, it’s a Preliminary-SAT. It’s the National Merit Scholar Qualifying test.</p>

<p>Sorry, I meant SAT</p>

<p>And thanks for the responses so far!</p>

<p>Well if you can move up to 162/651 then you are an auto admit. I think being that close to the top 25% and your high SAT score you will get in regardless. It may just take longer for them to admit you.</p>

<p>You might want to call your registrar at your high school - they most likely already have your new stats. That could answer your question, auto admit GPAs are based on end of junior year.</p>

<p>Also depends on the major you are applying to?</p>

<p>Communications- journalism. I emailed the admissions office and they said they’d take my new rank when I get it in September. :slight_smile: thanks for all of the answers and advice!!</p>

<p>You should be fine as long as your essay is good.</p>