Chance me? TAMU Class of 2023!

Thank you for taking time to read this for me! I have been scrolling and scrolling to try and find a scenario that fits my stats but I haven’t found a good one.

Rank- 195 out of 1008 (19%)
ACT- 26
Major- Environmental Science
Classes- I have taken all dual credit classes and some AP and have gotten all A’s with the exception of some b’s. I have gotten credit for the Spanish 4 AP test too.

Extra Curricular- I have played club soccer for 10 years (and was captain) and school soccer for 3. I am apart of NHS and SNHS. I have been apart of my school’s leadership team for 4 years too. For out of school, I am apart of National Charity League and have been for 6 years and have won the Presidential Award for volunteering at a certain amount of philanthropies. I have also been apart of my Church group for 3 years and this year I am a group Leader. I am apart of a group called Promoting Education Across the Country that goes and tutors middle school students in my district too.

Job- I have been a referee for 4 years and for the next two years I am a chauffeur.
Community Service- I have over 100+ hours of community service.

Extra- I am an identical twin! I have heard some colleges that have a ‘twin rule’ but I have not heard if it applies to A&M.
I have done several sleep away soccer camps at the Texas A&M campus as well as toured and gone to some games.

Conclusion- I know my Act score is not the greatest. I just took it again this past Saturday and I am hoping for a 27 or 28. (I know that is not automatic admission.) Can you tell me my chances? THANK YOU.

@glowingdolphin I think you have a good shot at full admission. Worst case I think Blinn Team. Your ECs are great and show a lot of dedication. visiting TAMU is great too. The 26 isn’t the best as you said, but it’s not the worst. If you have a strong essay to boot, I really feel that you will get the go ahead! I hope so any way! Best of luck on the new ACT score and please keep us posted.

Thank you for the reply! I will make sure to say what happens!

I think you have a really good shot! Rooting for you!

It’s decent, but don’t put all your hopes on it. The ACT is on the low side. You’ll want to put down some other schools just in case, like Houston, or Texas Tech.

That’s what I’ve been thinking. Thank you.