Chance me TAMU Engineering

I am a international student, i applied for CS on 7-oct.
Stats:
GPA: 4.0/4.0 UW
SAT: 1300 (730 math, 570 eng)
EC: bunch of them with high rigor.

what do you think of my application?

@devratpatel all freshman Engineering majors at A&M enter as General Engineering. 1300 SAT might hold you back from direct admission, but I bet you have a chance at being offered a pathway. Google Texas A&M engineering pathways (or scroll to the top of this post and see the links I posted at some point).
You also need to be familiar with the ETAM process.

1 Like

when shall i expect my decision?

Probably not until January, but that’s just my speculation

1 Like

are there any decisions coming this or next week probably?

Graduation is Friday and Saturday, admissions office trying to focus on transfer applicants, then Christmas break. Seemed to be a small wave of applicants the last 2 days.
Did you apply EA?

yes EA

This is on the website. I wouldn’t expect any decision until January at this point.

1 Like

well admissions office said that they will roll decisions till 26 dec.

Where did you see that?

I called them today morning

You could’ve easily spoken to a student. No one will be working the week of Christmas.
I’m simply a parent, but if you’re holistic, wouldn’t expect to hear until January, especially if it’s stated on their website.

1 Like

Well i am more tensed towards my profile rather than decision date.

With a 1300 SAT, I wouldn’t count on full admission, but more likely a pathway offer. TEAB is considered full admission, but you take half your classes at Blinn RELLIS campus. You need to be familiar with the various Engineering pathways.

i have already been accepted to PSU, ASU, U OF A, GSU, MSU, UT ARLINGTON.
ALL under CS

That’s great! You’ve got lots of options then.

2 Likes

Yes but tamu is like dream school for me.
And doesn’t it state that the average sat for tamu is 1170-1320 or something. and by seeing the average i submitted my scores.

really - because you’ve noted similar on UT.

1 Like

I’d take a school with direct acceptance to CompSci. CompSci and Aero are the 2 most difficult majors to get into, within Engineering. You’ll need a 3.75+ to be guaranteed CompSci, when you go thru ETAM.

1 Like

well UT is a choice of school but not my dream school.
and i have not mentioned anything on ut stating that ut is my dream school.