Chance Me- TAMU

Howdy, everyone! I am a rising senior this year and plan on applying to THE best university in Texas, Texas A&M. I understand that it is quite difficult to chance review applicants based on previous cycles, but if anyone has any ideas/advice to maximize my chances and application, I would love to hear it. Also, I would be incredibly grateful if I received a Blinn-TEAM offer; although, I did an immense amount of research and am not sure if I would be eligible based on the number of credit hours I already have.

Stats-
In-State Resident
Desired Major- #1 Public Health #2 Biology
GPA: 3.7 (UW) 4.58/5.0 (W)
Rank: Non-Ranking HS outside of the top 10% (before they got rid of ranks and implemented this rule I was top 28% and will most likely be assigned 2Q by TAMU)
Scores: ACT 30 (33 Reading 31 Science 30 English 26 Math)
SAT 1420 (720 Reading 700 Math)
Course Rigor: 7 AP’s by graduation 4 Dual-Credit Classes (4.0 College GPA)
Volunteer Hours: 105 with a majority coming from the public library and as a mentor at the Boys and Girls Club
Extracurriculars:
-Softball (select and school) 9, 10 grade
-President of 2 Clubs (Key Club, Rachel’s Challenge)
-Officer of 2 others (National Technical Honors Society and Environmental Conservation)
-Member of 3 other clubs (InterACT, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, College 101)
-Member of all Honors Society Organizations (NHS, NTHS, NSHS)
-Part-Time job (20-25 hours/week) June 2018-Present (Employee of the Month 3 times)
-Part-Time Job as a teacher for a STEM company that teaches kids concepts using legos (15 hours/month)
-VolunTEEN Corps
-Foundation scholarship winner from my local community college

I’m also applying to some out-of-state schools that would offer great merit based on my test scores, but my heart is set on A&M. Both of my parents went there and brought me to a few classes when I was a baby so I like to say I’ve already been to some A&M classes! If anything, I would also appreciate recommendations for other schools that I may be a match for. Thank you for the help!

@tamuletmein 2 things… one, your user name is awesome. Two, your test scores are excellent as are your ECs. If 2nd qtr, it may be a tough go. Really going to depend on this years crop of students. Last year was extremely competitive. Too soon to tell this year but the chatter on this forum is less than last year.

Write a compelling essay. Highlight your dual credit gpa and ap rigor.

As for other schools like tamu… Oklahoma state is very similar in environment and ideals. And it’s a beautiful campus. You would get in state tuition and maybe more with that sat score.

Please keep us posted. Best of luck! FYI my daughter went to OSU and then transferred to tamu sophomore year. She loved Osu but like you, wanted to be an Aggie.

Thank you so much! I will definitely have to look into OSU, as I have a few friends that will be there next year. As far as Blinn-TEAM goes, do you believe I meet the academic criteria to be considered? I know 2Q isn’t ideal, but at this point I’ve taken all of the advanced classes I could and excelled in them so I can’t worry about what I cannot control at this point. Thank you!!

Blinn team is an amazing program and you would excel in it if you follow the path you started (remember that freshman year is a big transition wherever you are). I do think your high test scores set you up nicely for Team if not full admit, but again, until we see who and what for this class, it’s opinion only based on the past (and prior to last years class).

Thank you! I’ll keep you updated :smile: