AP Physics B
AP physics C E/M
AP Calculus AB
AP English III
AP English IV
AP Latin IV
The rest are mostly honors
I am also going to work throughout my senior year
All of the classes listed above I have taken the ap exams for and got mostly 4s and 5s (with the exception of latin)
50+ hours of volunteer service
Thanks in advance</p>

<p>Wow, I think you’re amazing :D</p>

<p>By the way, AP scores don’t matter, and there’s no reason to work hard senior year.</p>

<p>Since you are not in the top quartile of your class, you do not qualify for academic admit status.</p>

<p>Honestly, it is going to be very difficult for you to be admitted because of your class rank. Your ECs are pretty good, your leadership is weak, and your service hours are very low. It is good to see that you’ve taken some difficult coursework, but you need to pick it up in several other areas. </p>

<p>Where are you coming from? Are you a Texas resident?</p>

<p>Yes I am a texas state resident</p>

<p>You don’t qualify for auto admit but your SAT score is good for TAMU. Your GPA is offset by rigor. So i’d say good chance you’ll get in.</p>

<p>^ What he said. I think you have a good chance due to rigor and SAT.</p>

<p>I still stand by my opinion that it is going to be very difficult for you to get into TAMU. Their application numbers have exploded this year (almost 38k) and they made the mistake of admitting to many students this year, which resulted in more students accepting to come than they thought they would. Next year they are going to be even more selective with their admissions. </p>

<p>Honestly, your percentile rank is going to weigh you down heavily and your academic rigor is not going to be considered as much as you would like for it to. Outside of your SAT and your rigor, your application is pretty average. </p>

<p>I think you have a slight outside shot, but you are destined to the review pool. There are going to be thousands of kids with your metrics, but with a better class rank.</p>

<p>You have a very good chance. I doubt you wouldn’t get in.</p>

<p>Is your school a non-ranking school? If it is a non-ranking school you chances are better.</p>

<p>I have to agree with avantegardEprep. From the post I have seen this year, very few outside the top 25% make it in. Your sat scores are phenomenal but TAMU places a lot of emphasis on GPA and rank. It is definitely not fair to bigger schools.</p>

<p>If you made National Merit semifinalist your are in.</p>

<p>I got into A&M school with top 33% rank and a 1920 on my sat. You are definitely getting it. Maybe do around 30-50 more hours of volunteering during the summer if you still are not confident.</p>

<p>OP, what is your first choice major? That really matters.</p>

<p>They told us for engineering that they take auto and academic admits, and then they start the review admits, and they typically don’t get lower than a 3.7 or 3.8 on review admits.</p>

<p>@ lanadelrey123:</p>

<p>Just because you got in doesn’t mean that the next guy will. There were LOTS of people with stats like the OP that did not get in this year.</p>

<p>@cromette You are right, but I think he has a strong chance of being accepted.</p>

<p>I would say it’s probably more dependent on the department he will be applying to which it seems hasn’t been stated yet.</p>

<p>I’m applying for software engineering and computer science</p>

<p>Ugh. Very competitive. If you had a stronger unweighted gpa, I would be more positive. It may appear to them that you are a VERY bright student (test scores), who may not be fully applying him/herself (gpa and rank). If there is anything you can highlight in your essays that might point to improvement or something similar, that would be good. I would really make sure I had some STRONG essays.</p>

<p>Franko -Students are first admitted to the university and then to a college. So it doesn’t matter which department RU is applying to. The competition is the same.</p>

<p>While that’s true, engineering fills up FAST. Sometimes people miss the boat by not getting their application in EARLY. Be ready to go with your app as soon as the option is over.</p>