Chance me UCs!

Hey guys!! Would really appreciate if you could chance me for all the UC’s and Cal Poly Slo Engineering !!
Major: CS and Stats for all UC’s except UCLA and Cal
I’ll probably just do a Stats major to Cal and UCLA
UW GPA:3.88 (1B+ sophomore year, 4 B/B+'s Junior Year)
ACT: 31 (Yikes retaking in a month)
SAT II: Math:790 Physics:770
Course Load(Freshman-Junior Year): AP French Lang, AP English Lit, AP Stat, AP Chemistry, AP Comp Sci A, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Multivariable Calculus
EC’s: Intern at UCLA , Orchestra: Study w/ Stanford Music director, solo in Chicago, toured Aisa, carnegie hall ,etc., Local Club founder

Thank you so much !!

Which engineering for SLO?

Computer engineering @Gumbymom

Have you calculated your UC GPA and SLO GPA? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

SLO uses 9-11th grades while the UC’s use 10-11th grades in their GPA calculation. All the UC’s use the capped weighted GPA and UCB/UCLA will also use fully weighted UC GPA.

Yes my UC GPA is a 4.42

What is your SLO GPA and capped weighted UC GPA? 4.42 would be your fully weighted UC GPA.

sorry im caculating my slo gpa rn … can u please explain to me what a capped UC GPA is?? thanks so much for your help … @Gumbymom

On the Rogerhub UC GPA calculator, you can input your extra honors points for the calculation (UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses).

Each semester that you have taken one of these qualified courses, you get an honors point. Most of the UC’s use the capped weighted UC GPA which limits your Honors points to 8 semesters.

The Rogerhub calculator will give you the UW UC GPA, your Capped and Weighted (8 semesters of Honors points) and the Weighted (which is the fully weighted UC GPA with unlimited honors points for these courses taken in 10-11th).

AP’s and UC approved Honors courses taken in 9th do not count for the extra points but does show good HS course rigor.
SLO also uses the capped weighted but includes 9th grades but no honors points. Also SLO caps your GPA at 4.2 regardless of the calculation for their MCA points algorithm.

Most of the statistical GPA data for the UC’s is based on the Capped weighted UC GPA. UCLA/UCB does state the average fully weighted UC GPA on their website for comparison.

This is what roger hub gave me @Gumbymom

Unweighted GPA: 3.81
Weighted GPA: 4.41
Weighted and Capped GPA: 4.11
Course Load(Freshman-Junior Year): Honors Chem, Honors Physics, AP French Lang, AP English Lit, AP Stat, AP Chemistry, AP Comp Sci A, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Multivariable Calculus

You are a strong and competitive applicant for the schools on your list. You have very good HS course rigor but your ACT could hurt your chances at the top UC’s and SLO. SAT II scores are great.

UC’s are very GPA focused and you are within range for all. I think UCLA/UCB and possibly UCSD will be tough along with SLO but the rest of the UC’s look like Safety-High Matches for you.
Make sure you select an alternate major as a backup especially for UCSD since you could get accepted into the University but not into your choice major.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 14%
UCLA: 14%
UCSD: 44%
UCSB: 54%
UCD: 58%
UCI: 65%
UCSC: 85%
UCR: 94%
UCM: 96%

Best of luck.

Thank you !! were those admit rates for weighted uncapped UC GPA ? hahahah sorry last question @Gumbymom

Admit rates based on capped weighted. The data is from 2016 and 2017 data will not be available until later this year. In August, the UC website should update the Freshman profiles for each UC Campus, so you can compare your stats (again UC capped weighted GPA will be posted).

SLO has their preliminary Freshman Profile available for 2017:

Engineering: applied:16,693 admitted: 4,440 Average SLO GPA: 4.16

Average ACT: 32 Average SAT: 1467