• US domestic
  • California, Bay Area
  • Public High School
  • Male/Indian
  • Other special factors : N/A

Intended Major(s)
Computer Science BS

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 3.3 (I had a 4.0 on my mid-year 12th grade if this matters)
  • Weighted HS GPA (incl. weighting system): 3.6 (This is unofficial, school does not actually calculate)
  • Class Rank: N/A
  • ACT/SAT Scores: 1560 SAT, 790 Math, 770 reading

Coursework
10th grade: AP CS A
11th grade: AP Chem, AP BC, APUSH
12th grade: AP English Literature, AP Physics 1, AP Statistics, AP Gov (1st sem), AP Microecon (2nd sem)

In the courses I took the AP test for (Everything from 10th to 11th), I got 5s on all of them.

Awards
Won a local competitive coding competition, AP Scholar with honors, presidential silver medal award.

Extracurriculars
(Include leadership, summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)

Published a paper in Human-computer interaction and AI on Arxiv as sole author. Paper was accepted into a conference and I am presenting my findings in July of 2022.

2 unpaid internships in machine learning and artificial intelligence. Both at startup companies where I did meaningful work.

Started a math modeling organization that was sponsored by AOPS.

Write a blog which was recruited into a Medium.com publication, has over 4 thousand views. Write about AI projects, tutorials, and theoretical concepts.

Volunteered at a senior center for 5 years helping seniors with technology.

Have some other AI projects/places I taught at which I don’t think are as good as the first 5, but I still have. On my activities section I have 10 activities overall.

Essays/LORs/Other
(Optionally, guess how strong these are and include any other relevant information or circumstances.)
I think these are pretty good, I had external help with the common app.

Cost Constraints / Budget
(High school students: please get a budget from your parents and use the Net Price Calculators on the web sites of colleges of interest.)
None

Schools
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Would love to know what people think about my chances here applying RD. I kind of decided on a whim to maybe apply, so would love an estimate of if I would have a chance to get in. For my GPA, I have written an addendum which has to do with a seizure medication I took in 9th grade (my grades after 9th have a strong upward trend with a 3.66 and 4.0 in my semesters in 11th grade). Thanks in advanced.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.