Chance Me- UW Madison New Freshman Applicant for Fall 2020

Hello! This is my first post on College Confidential. The University of Wisconsin Madison is my first choice. I have applied and gotten into UW Eau Claire and Marquette. I have also applied to UMN Twin Cities but I have not heard back yet. I know that Madison is a reach for me because of my statistics, but please let me know if you think I have a chance. I go to a rigorous private school. I am an in-state applicant.
GPA (W): 3.5
GPA (UW): 3.3
ACT: 27
Freshman year courses: Theology, Accelerated Biology, Concert Band, Spanish 1, Algebra 1, Advanced World History, Advanced Writing 1, Physical Education

Sophomore:
Theology, Chemistry, Spanish 2, Geometry, AP Us Government and Politics, Advanced Writing 2, ACT Prep/Speech, Introduction to Business, Health, Gym

Junior: Theology, Earth and Space Science, IB Spanish 3 SL, Algebra 2, Trigonometry, IB American History HL, IB Lit and Writing HL,IB/AP Psychology SL

Senior year: IB/AP English HL, Physics, IB Spanish 4, Theology, Intro to Precalculus, Criminal Justice, Environmental Science,Gym

I intend to major in Political Science and minor in international relations. I will also be pursuing a certificate in the Russian language.

In terms of extracurriculars, I am on the senior advisory board, I have participated in the musical for three years, student council for three years and I am a service club leader.

Your gpa is low and ACT is not stellar for UW, therefore your chances are not great.

@wis75 Okay, thank you for your input!

I think you have a chance at getting into Wisconsin. Are you a Wisconsin resident? I think it is a little tougher for OOS than in state because they reserve about half the spots for WI residents.

I hope you get in. Best of luck to you. Whichever school you choose will be lucky to have you.

@2024mom I am an in state applicant and I actually just received a rejection letter. I know it will all work out though, I can always transfer if needed. Thank you for replying, it means a lot! :slight_smile:

I just got accepted as an instate applicant with a 3.62 W GPA and an ACT of 29. I did have a bunch of extracurriculars and other BS, but I feel like stats aren’t everything. Good luck!