chance me!

<p>I've already been accepted to University of Pittsburgh, Drexel and Fordham, though Miami is my top choice. I applied early action.
1860 on SATS - I know they are low, hoping my extra curriculars help me
3.8 GPA
Top 9% of my class
Captain of the tennis team
Captain of swimming team
Student Council
National Honor Society
Key Club (Volunteering)
Interact (school volunteering)
Student of the month at my high school
4 years of work experience at a local nature center
Coach tennis through parks and recreation </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>What’s the split up of your SAT into M-CR-W? Is the gpa weighted or unweighted and what scale is it on? How many in your class? Any APs in junior & senior year? Rigor of senior schedule? Did you visit the school and meet with anyone in admissions or in the college you’re thinking of majoring in?
~Zinc</p>

<p>CR 700
M 580
W 580</p>

<p>I haven’t visited the school, but attended an information session for the school in my area as I cannot afford to fly out unless I get in.
By the time I graduate I will have completed 8 AP classes, 2 sophomore year, 2 junior year, and 4 senior year. GPA is weighted out of 250 or so students.</p>

<p>Others have quoted the common data set and know more about its use than I. My gut feel (opinion, guess) is that you are borderline and could be waitlisted into the RD pool. Your SAT is on the low side and your unweighted GPA is probably in the 3.5~3.6 area, which also seems kind of low. The ECs, some great letters of rec and a killer essay may pull you thru, depending on the overall quality of the other students who applied EA. I’m thinking if you do get in, you wouldn’t be eligible for anything but the 16k merit scholarship - however there is other financial aid available from UM as both need based and non-need based grants.
Good luck to you next week - I’m guessing folks will find out in their myUM emails by Friday the 27th.
~Zinc</p>