Chance me?

<p>hi! I was recently wait listed at Cal Poly so I’m really worried about where in the UC System I can get into. if you could chance me that would be great! My grades have a major upward trend.</p>

<p>Stats:
-My freshmen year gpa was really bad (less than 3.0), but 1st semester sophomore year i got a 3.5 and ever since then I have gotten straight A’s. So 3.83 UW without freshmen year, and 3.44 UW with freshmen year. My UC GPA is 4.16
-SAT I: 800 Cr, 750 M, 740 W, only taken once.
-SAT II: 800 Chem, 800 Math II, 760 Physics.
-AP Tests: Chemistry(5), APES (5), Stats (5), Micro(4), Macro(5), and Pysch (5).
-Senior Year Schedule: AP Physics B, AP Calc BC, AP English Lit, Math 107 at local CC, and econ</p>

<p>Awards:
-AIME Qualifier (103.5 on AMC12)
-AMC12 Honor Roll
-AP Scholar With Distinction
-National Merit Semifinalist
-Scholar Athlete Award</p>

<p>EC’s:
-Worked as a research Intern in a cancer research lab at UC Berkeley (probably the only noteworthy part of my app)
-4 Years volunteering for American Cancer Society, things like Walkathon, Paint the Town Purple, Relay for Life, etc.
-Tutor for a private company, teaching 4 times a week chemistry and math to classes of 5-7 kids. (Paid 20$/hour)
-Treasurer for DECA
-JV Football Freshman and Sophomore years
-Camp Counselor for City Camp my freshmen and sophomore years.
-Science Olympiad (Senior year)</p>

<p>Extra: My freshmen GPA KILLS me, so I don’t know my chances.</p>

<p>Don’t freak out, UC’s look at freshman year grades, but they dont factor it into your UC GPA. Thats only your Soph and Junior year. </p>

<p>Also, you have a strong upward trend in your grades, and they’ll take note of that. Plenty of people (including myself) earned grades their freshman year that is not indicative of their overall performance in high school, which explains why the UC’s don’t calculate freshman year as part of the GPA.</p>

<p>Don’t trip, you have as much of a shot as anyone else, take a deep breath, and in the end you’ll end up at an amazing college. Good luck!</p>