Chance me????

<p>I'm really interested in getting in TAMU.
But my scores is not quite well: CR 490, M 760, W 430. And my gpa is 3.4.
Do I have any chances? Will a strong essay help?</p>

<p>Nice math score :slight_smile:
What’s your rank?</p>

<p>thank you.
112 out of 536</p>

<p>Did you study for the SAT? You can easily improve your writing score just by studying. My score increased two hundred points in writing just by studying.</p>

<p>Maybe I was unlucky. I have to admit that this is not my best.</p>

<p>Also, take the ACT. You could also make that SAT CR score a 600 and you’re in.</p>

<p>Hmmmmmmm
Do I have any chances with this score?</p>

<p>Honestly, I think your chances are slim with that score and your current ranking. I think you have to bring up your score.</p>

<p>If you could get the CR score up to a 540, I think you’d have a little better shot. 600 would make you an Academic Admit.</p>

<p>We need to know more about your extracurriculars and community service. I didn’t have the best scores/gpa but I still got accepted because of my extracurriculars and essays. Make sure you put some time and effort to write good essays!
SAT: CR:580 M:580 W:600 GPA: 3.5 Rank: 26/230</p>

<p>Justin, admissions is supposed to be much harder next year. You were BARELY out of the top 10%.</p>

<p>I’m certainly not saying OP won’t make it in. That’s a PHENOMENAL math score. It might be enough. I would just really work to bolster the CR if possible.</p>

<p>So I really screwed up here
I just finished my junior year. My cumulative GPA is a 2.21…
I don’t remember exactly what my freshman Gpa was, but my sophomore GPA was a 2.6, and my junior year gpa was a 2.1…
My sat score however was a 1970…</p>

<p>I am a minority (India , my parents were born in India, I was born here) I volunteered at a hospital for about 150 hours. I have no other ecs, my essays arent exactly anything To write home about…
I’m realty nervous. Where can I go? My top choices were
University of Arizona
University of Washington
Umass Amherst
Indiana university at Bloomington
Baylor university
Texas a&m
Penn state main campus
Syracuse</p>

<p>Please help,and any college suggestions would be great!</p>

<p>Out of State
Class Rank - #7 of 326
GPA - 4.0
ACT - Composite 31 36 Reading/27 Math/36 Eng/28 Science/Writing 9 (non superscore)
28 hours of Dual enrollment College Credit (4.0 GPA)
Beta Club
Winter Drill Team</p>

<p>Work 20-30 hours a week at local grocery store last 2 years of high school.</p>

<p>Thank in advance for any advice.</p>

<p>^You’re an Academic Admit because of your ACT score and Class Rank.</p>

<p>Addidda, what’s the breakdown on your SAT score? I don’t know much about your other school choices.</p>

<p>Even as an Out of State Applicant? What would my chances be for some sort of Merit Based Scholarship?</p>

<p>THanks for the information, You made my day with the Auto-Admit news.</p>

<p>Muse3sqrd, you will probably get a little something at least. You have great stats. Congratulations. And yes, you’re an academic admit. Apply early and you’re in.</p>