Chance me?

<p>Hey everyone, it'd be great if you could provide some insight in whether I'll get into UW because it is my first choice. I know OOS is more competitive so please let me know what my chances are:</p>

<p>SAT Combined: 2230
ACT: 35
GPA: last posted it was 99.85, weighted, on an 100 pt scale. Due to a school transfer it is very skewed, it should be higher
Extracurriculars: marching band, concert band, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society</p>

<p>White female, public Texas high school (very competitive)</p>

<p>I appreciate any input! Thanks!</p>

<p>Excellent chances.</p>

<p>Is this a joke? You must know that you are going to get in, unless you are just really ignorant. I hope you aren’t just bragging.</p>

<p>@jones17</p>

<p>I recently saw some posts where people had scores about equal to mine and still didn’t get in, so no, this is not a joke.</p>

<p>Well, just give it time. You’re fine.</p>

<p>Thanks @jones17 and @wis75!</p>

<p>If you don’t get in I will eat a hat</p>

<p>Haha thanks @nolives</p>

<p>Never any guarantees. A student could apply to a school because the parents insist and sabotage otherwise excellent chances with lousy essays. Be sure you do your best on essays- don’t presume they don’t matter because of your gpa, test scores and activities.</p>

<p>@wis75
Thanks for the advice, I spent a very long time carefully crafting my essays for all my applications but I gave special attention to Wisconsin, as it is my first choice.</p>

<p>I think you will soon be a badger…maybe you could be in that great marching band…what made you choose UW over U Texas?</p>

<p>@voyager24
There were many reasons why I chose UW over UT, including that I found a list of top biology colleges and UT didn’t make the cut while UW did. Additionally, I’d love to experience a real winter with snow, and if I went to UT I’d most likely have to live at home. UW just seems like a great school overall and I really hope I’ll get in! As for marching band, I probably won’t have time but I’ll miss it dearly.</p>

<p>Good thinking. College is an ideal time to experience a different area. You can always transfer if you dislike it or decide that the north is not where you will job hunt. You will want to explore the Biocore sequence. Look it up on the UW website so you can plan your schedule to take the prerequisites in other fields in a timely fashion and don’t take other biology (zoology and botany) instead. Assuming you get in at UW you will research this before your summer registration so you can discuss with your advisor then. You also will have several different options for general Chemistry courses. Check out the Honors program- Biocore and some Chemistry courses are part of it.</p>