Chance me?

<p>I am a Texas resident with a 4.76 GPA and I'm in the top 20% of my class. I have mostly As and a few Bs (throughout all of high school) and I have never gotten a C or failed a class)</p>

<p>My SAT and ACT scores aren't amazing because I test bad :/
--SAT: 1700
CR: 590
M: 610
W: 510
<em>I took the SAT again and I'm just waiting on the results</em>
--ACT: 27</p>

<p>I have taken/currently taking 6 AP classes: AP English II & III, AP US History, AP Gov, AP Econ, AP Stats and I'm currently in a Dual English class with a 98.</p>

<p>I'm in a lot of extra curricular activities: I'm the president of my school's media production team, I am heavily involved in Best Buddies (and I'm a peer buddy), PEANUTS (a school organization helping incoming freshman), National Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, Student Council, and Class Council.</p>

<p>I've wanted to go to A&M since I was two years old, I have family members that went there and I had season tickets last year. I would be devastated if I didn't get in so I just want to know my chances so I can prepare myself for either decision.</p>

<p>are you a junior or senior? and if you’re denied, sign up for one of the programs at a feeder school like Tarleton or Texas A&M Corpus/Galveston. Do NOT go to Blinn unless its BLINN TEAM. Especially if you can get into one of the feeder programs where if you make above a 3.0 you’re automatically in. Some students don’t do these programs because they don’t want to waste a year somewhere else… in my imagination, spend a year at one school to go to Texas A&M, your dream school, and graduate with a degree? Easy decision.</p>

<p>I am a senior and I’m aware of those options. That being said, do you believe I will be accepted of declined?</p>

<p>Summer, When did you apply and to what major?</p>

<p>We have similar stats, except you’re more involved in ECs than I am. Your test scores are about average so they don’t stand out, but your ECs make you shine. With that said, I think you have a good chance of getting in. I’d be surprised if you’re not offered BLINN TEAM at the least.</p>

<p>I applied in late November and my intended major is Biology</p>

<p>I would give you about 65% of getting admitted. Your SAT scores gives you 50%. Your grades, EC, and choice of major boost you another 15%.</p>

<p>Are you any sort of minority?</p>

<p>My daughter applied Mid November.
ACT 23
4.29 Weighted
3.56 Non Weighted
17th out 104
will have 23 college credit hours upon graduation
Exercise Physiology Major</p>

<p>Even though Test scores are not great, her extra curricular involvement is off the charts.
Drum Major - 2 yrs (most outstanding DM award)
FFA - State and National Recognition, Public Speaker, Officer
4-H
Interact Club
Beta
Athletic Trainer
Varsity Sports</p>

<p>Excellent Letters of Rec. (from Aggies)
over 200 hours community service
What do you think?</p>

<p>@collegemom72 A&M looks mostly at the numbers (test scores, rank, GPA) more than anything else. While that’s good that she is very involved in ECs, she might want to look into taking the ACT again or perhaps the SAT. It might be a bit of a reach for her as of now. Best of luck!</p>

<p>To clarify, it’s too late to take another stab at the SAT or ACT. The school is only accepting updated ACT/SAT scores through tomorrow (January 15th).</p>

<p>I did not know this ^^, thanks for the update.</p>