Chance Me

<p>@wis75‌ it’s not Harvard & taking calc 1 now…how you doing at Madison?</p>

<p>@Badger7 good ol UW-Milwaukee…How you liking it?</p>

<p>@BrewBoy Well, Milwaukee gets a bad reputation. However, it is not a bad school… sure it is a branch school but I am still proud to be here as of now. This is not my idea school hence why I tried to get into UW for fall of 2014. If given the opportunity, I would still leave for for UW. With that being said, I do not hate UW- Milwaukee. </p>

<p>Discrepancy- precalc posted , then “calc 1” for this semester. What isn’t Harvard? Your current school certainly. But- be aware- some flagships such as UW-Madison are in the same league in many departments that Harvard is. Son and I both have Honors degrees from UW in different majors.</p>

<p>@wisc75 man I don’t even know you to have to lie to…I said calc one because that’s what I’m in…you think if my school was Harvard then I would be applying to Madison(rhetorical). Collectively Madison and Harvard statically don’t compared(Madison is not a top ten public school). College is all about the student, one can fail at Madison, just as one can fail at Harvard. Good for you and your son also(did not ask about your son). I can’t believe TWO people made it out of Madison(sarcasm) now I know it can be done. Honors might give you a head start out of college, but in the pros those things mean nothing. It is about who can get the job done and who can’t. </p>

<p>@Badger7 I am very familiar with UW-Milwaukee, born and raised there. Really don’t want to leave state so if I don’t attend madison ill go to Milwaukee. Yea ill leave for madison any day but the Milwaukee experience is unique in its own way…What’s your Major?</p>

<p>@brewboy In post #9 you stated that this semester you were in pre-calc, and then in post #20 you said calc 1; so which is it?</p>

<p>@BrewBoy I am still undecided. But I am possibly leaning towards econ or political science. What is yours? Yes it is a unique experience and I like it, but its not the college experience I want. </p>

<p>Some grad departments are better than Harvard at other schools. This matters to undergrads when they can take their upper level courses. Sometimes the college rankings published do not matter if a particular department you are interested in is superb. </p>

<p>OP- your posts are rather disjointed. Not sure you have a handle on how things work. </p>

<p>@Badger7 Urban Planning</p>

<p>@wis75 yea some may be better than Harvard…but the credentials to attend Harvard are much more rigorous…Who knows…but what was your major again and what is your profession now?..My post could be disjointed to you, I am just going off my knowledge and what have observed through talking to people who attended or attend Madison currently…</p>

<p>Get over your thinking that Harvard always means more to people in every field. The reputation will depend on a specific department in the grad level world. Also- think of UW as a school with several tiers. Harvard does not have the lower tiers UW does and is correspondingly smaller. UW has students as smart as those at Harvard but it also has many more. </p>

<p>btw- where’s the answer to your inconsistencies in the math course you are taking? Your credibility for logical thinking is diminishing with each of your posts. You have a lot of learning to do. You are making statements with a poor knowledge base. Wonder if you will get into UW.</p>

<p>A year and a half is all that is required for math …And I was in Pre-Calc which is optional for STUDENTS who would like a easier transition to CALC…After talking with my counselor I decided to jump right into Calc 1… I’m going to live my life to the fullest and work hard in the process. If I do not get in no sweats, just going to take my talents somewhere else and make the best of it… </p>

<p>Edited for abusive language
ED
</p>

<p>@Badger7 yo I got in…what about you?</p>

<p>@BrewBoy, Congrats! so did I! </p>

@Badger7 have not been on here in months, but congrads hope all is well…want to get up and study sometime?