Chance me?

<p>Hi-
I'm currently an out of state senior with an unweighted GPA of 3.4, and weighted 3.97. My highest ACT is a 27 (English-35, Math-23, Reading-25,Science-23, and Writing-9) but i'm taking it again before applying. I've been in all honors/AP classes excluding science.
Other accomplishments/activities throughout high school
-2 school clubs all 4 years
-Field Hockey 4 years (captain junior year)
-Lacrosse freshman year
-Volunteered at a children's museum
-Part time job for the past year
-4 years of spanish</p>

<p>APs:
-Psychology (4)
-English lit, (3)
-American History (4)
-Environmental science (current)
-Spanish (current)
-"AP Scholar Award" </p>

<p>Please let me know my chances of getting into Madison!
Thanks</p>

<p>Possible, not great.</p>

<p>Ok well what can i improve before applying in the spring?</p>

<p>@wis75‌ </p>

<p>The GPA and ACT are on the low end for accepted students. Also, weighted GPA does not matter. Be aware of the application deadlines ( Nov. 1 and Feb. 1) - ‘spring’ is too late!</p>

<p>@madison85 ok by “spring” i meant feb.1. theres a whole semester.</p>

<p>Current parent here – the ACT is low end, and out of state students need higher stats than in state (since the mission of the school is primarily focused on WI, not other states). If you haven’t done serious prep before, it could be worth it to do that now if you can get your score up to about a 30. Your scores are very lopsided, so if you can pull up the other 3 areas, you could bring up your score significantly. </p>

<p>MN and Iowa are two other state schools that are very strong, also consider Indiana. </p>

<p>Get the best knowledge base and study skills- these will translate into good skills no matter where you attend college. Good grades will follow learning the material. Show you can get A’s in the top classes.</p>