Chance Me?

Hi, I know these can be annoying but I’d really like to know how I stack up, seeing as Wisco has been my dream school for a while.

Freshman Weighted GPA - 3.05
Sophomore Weighted GPA - 4.03
Junior Weighted GPA - 4.41

(NOTE: I know that my cumulative GPA is a bit low for UW, but I’ve heard schools love GPA progression so I broke it up.)

Highest ACT Subscores = 35 English, 30 Math, 31 Reading, 30 Science, 30 Writing [Overall, highest composite is 31].

2 on AP Chem (obviously wont be submitting), 4 on AP English Lang, Taking a total of 5 AP courses senior year

Leadership positions in: International Thespian Society Troupe, Student Government, Human Rights Club, School Newspaper

Also a member of: National Honors Society, TRI-M National Music Honors Society, Honors Choir & Acapella Troupe

I have worked as a camp counselor & cashier, in addition to weekly tutoring and babysitting.

I’ve expressed interest through a college visit (another in fall) and attending a handful of local interest meetings.

I plan to apply EA, intending to be a journalism major.

Thank you for those that read!!! :slight_smile:

Do you live in Wisconsin? If so, I would think you are an easy match. If not, then you are still a good match.

What is your non-weighted GPA?

What is your non-weighted cumulative GPA, your Wisconsin resident status, and your ACT composite from one sitting (not superscored)?

@Madison85 I am out of state, got a 31 twice on the ACT, and my nonweighted gpa is ~ 3.3 but without freshman year it is ~ 3.6/3.7. Basically, my GPA is pretty low because of freshman year but I’ve drastically improved since, which is kind of what I’m banking on

So, you may want to explain your GPA increase from freshman year in one of the essays. Excellent ACT!

Average GPA of enrolled freshmen is 3.83 unweighted.

You have a very good shot, given your ACT score and good ECs