Chance me

Junior this year-

Female
White (Albanian, have dual citizenship)
I speak Albanian, English, and Spanish (less fluent but still)

SAT - 1330
ACT - 30 (retaking in June, hoping for 31/32)
UW GPA - 3.85
W GPA - 4.52

Freshmen year:

• Honors Bio
  • Honors Geometry
  • Honors U.S History
  • Honors Spanish 3
  • Physical Education / Foundations of Art (semester each)
  • Photography 1

Sophomore year:

• AP NSL (scored a 5 on the exam)
    -Honors Chemistry
    -Honors Algebra 2
    -Honors Spanish 4
    -PE / Health (one semester class each)
  • Studio Art 1

Junior year:

• AP Biology (double period)
  • AP Spanish Language
  • AP English Language
  • AP World History
  • Honors Calculus
  • Studio Art 2

Senior year schedule:

• AP Physics C
  • AP BC Calculus
  • AP Environmental Science
  • AP Spanish Literature
  • AP English Literature
  • Foundation of tech (I need the credit to graduate, lol)

(I expect my GPA to remain the same by senior year. I’ve maintained a 3.85 GPA every year since freshmen year despite increasing class course rigor, so I expect the trend to continue)

Sports:

• JV Volleyball sophomore year
  • Varsity Outdoor track sophomore year
  • Varsity Cross Country junior year
    (not continuing sports for the rest of high school)

Other Extracurriculars:

• Hospital Volunteer - 300+ hours by end of this summer
  • Biomedical internship thing at Walter Reed this summer
  • National Spanish Honors Society
  • National English Honors Society
  • National Science Honors Society
  • Key Club, Unicef Club, Red Cross Club, Foreign Affairs Club, Peer Club (tutoring), Life Sciences Club, Environmental Club (there are others I’m a member of but they’re not very active)
  • Won Honorable Mention at Johns Hopkins Art Contest

I’m really trying to find a leadership position of some form in one of the clubs, but I’m not sure I’ll get one.

I am really looking for some big time financial aid. My family income is around $90,000 right now.
Also might be moving back to Albania before I graduate because my dad is having difficulty finding work here, so its possible I might become an international applicant.

I’m going into premed.

I think you have a solid chance! However if you are looking for constructive criticisms then I would say retake the ACT or the SAT as in my opinion you are on the fence for those. The ACT average for this year was a 32 and the SAT average was a 1452. You do compensate with your outstanding characteristics such as your EC, I definitely think you are a strong candidate for the class of 2022! Cheers!

@AmbrosePadecain

Thanks for the feedback! Ugh, yes, I know I really need to increase my ACT. I have really high hopes for the next time I take the test. Time management was really my only issue (guessed on entire columns the first time), and I’ll have a whole free month after AP exams to prepare for it. :slight_smile:

How do you think I would stand as an international applicant?

I am not sure if you are allowed to apply as an international applicant despite you having dual citizenship.

To be honest I feel like your chances of getting accepted at BU is much higher if you are to apply as a US student. The competition is very high for the international pool.

Another thing to consider if you are to apply as an international student is that BU doesn’t offer financial aid to those applying international. I understand that you mentioned how you are looking for some big financial aid, in that case it’s best to stick to applying as a US applicant.