Chance me?

• Class-rank: The school doesn't rank, but the AIS portal says "First Quarter"
  • SAT score: 1330/1600 (660 ER, 670 Math)
  • GPA: 3.72 weighted
  • Honors/AP Scholar/IB Diploma Candidate (Took the most challenging courses the school offered)
  • Attending a very competitive high school with only 98 students in my senior class
  • In-state resident
  • Sent a 5 page expanded resume with many leaderships, awards, honors, and an engineering internship
  • Sent all 3 essays (A,B,C)
  • Sent 2 recommendation letters (one from math teacher and one from 11th grade AP English teacher)

Applying as a computer engineering major. I sent my application on October 13 and I haven’t heard back from them yet.

@Zeronote

You should definitely call TAMU if you sent in your application back in October but still haven’t got a response.

I emailed them, and they emailed me back with releasing decisions at the end of January. But I never got my decision yet.

@Zeronote

Yep, its already February. Do you happen to live close to College Station? I would recommend visiting and asking in person. If that’s not possible, at least try to call them.

Emailing is terrible is because it allows others to basically dodge/give you a non-answer.

@RMNiMiTz

Thanks, I’ll try calling them on Monday. Do you think I have a good chance of getting in with my stats?

@Zeronote

I think so, but considering its so late right now (Feb), it might not turn out well.

Fellow current CEEN; correct me if i’m wrong…but doesn’t A&M Auto-accept 1800+ SAT score (600, 600 cumulative) with top 25% of class rank? 3.72 is decent, depending on your specific department (CEEN vs ECEN vs CSPE) it will differ, but i’ve seen people from both ends of the spectrum get different results. Some years are much more competitive than others

A&M auto-admits are people with a 1360 out of 1600 SAT and top 25% in class.