Chance me!

Hello!! I’m a high school senior and I’m very stressed about getting admitted into college!! Can you chance me for Tech please?

GPA: 95.00
SAT: 1190 (550 math, 640 English)
ECS: I’m in marching band, concert band, in chemistry club, HOSA, and other clubs specific to our school. I’m also a section leader in band and have been one for two years.
In state: yes
Classes: I’ve taken many AP and dual credit courses and should graduate with around 38 college credits.
Intended major: pyschology with premed.

Your stats are right about average for Texas Tech, so you have a very good shot at getting in. You have plenty off other great options too. You have a good shot at U of H and UT-Dallas as well. You also have Texas State and UTSA as great safety options.

Yeah! I have auto admit to all of those schools except for ut-Dallas, so I definitely have some safety schools that I will absolutely consider. I would really love to go to Tech though! I know the acceptance rate is kind of high and people say it’s not difficult to get into Tech, but I am still extremely stressed about getting accepted.

@stressedsenior56 You should of already been notified, but if you haven’t hang in there. My son had similar stats like yours a few years back (He’s a Junior now) and he was accepted. He loves Tech. Kinda helps that he has a job as a student manager for the baseball team. (Omaha - college world series last year was amazing) You will find out being a Red Raider is a big deal just as being an Aggie or Longhorn. But tbh Lubbock as a whole you will either fall in love with it or hate it to the core. We as parents love Tech. My daughter was accepted awhile ago (But her scores are a lot different from yours) But with all that said, you should get in with ease. Good luck!

Yeah! I actually applied about 11 days ago, and I got my acceptance letter today!! :slight_smile: