Chance me?

Hi, I am a Asian-american female from out of state.
SAT: 1600, 22/24 essay
PSAT: 1500
Weighted GPA: 4.13 (school doesn’t do unweighted or rank)
SAT 2: Biology M: 800 Math 2: 800 USH: 800

APs: Calc AB/BC: 5, USH: 5, Physics C Mechanics: 5, Bio: 5
Senior year: Comp Sci A, Stats, Euro
(my school has an AP limit: 0 9th, 2 10th, 3 11th, 3 12th)

ECs:
Varsity swimming: All-Conference, All-Tournament, Coach’s Award
Science Club: secretary → VP; 2nd place general sciences at Science Olympiad (it’s weird), 1st place in team event; created research projects and tutoring throughout school
History Bowl: captain, JV bowl champ all years, middle school bee champ (9 - bc of age stuff), JV bee champ (10), JV bee runner-up (11)
MUN: best delegate x 1, outstanding delegate x 1, chairing x 2
Tri-M: treasurer, VP; helped organize community performances all throughout

Awards/other stuff:
Director’s Award in Band
Principal’s Honor Roll (4 yrs)
AP Scholar w/ Honor
National Merit Semifinalist
Classroom award for Japanese (I’m not Japanese btw)

Summer:
BU RISE Practicum on Computational Neuroscience

Volunteer:
Lots of stuff w/ music service @ dementia homes
Organized fundraisers at large nearby cultural festivals
English tutoring

Online courses:
Bioinformatics using Python
Machine learning using Python

Language: Japanese, Korean

Intend to study Computer Science

UC GPA capped weighted and fully weighted? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

As an Out of State applicant, only AP or IB courses taken 10-11th grades are eligible for the extra honors points in the GPA calculation.

Can you and your family afford $65K/year to attend since UC’s give little to no financial aid to OOS students?

Will you have completed all the UC a-g course requirements including the year of a Visual/Performing Arts course?

You have excellent test scores, great HS course rigor, and good EC’s so if you have an equally good UC GPA 4.2+ , you have a solid chance at all the UC’s but you are applying to one of the most competitive major at these schools.

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 (capped weighted) and not major specific:

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1%
UCM: 96.1%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above:

UCB: 42.7%
UCLA: 47.2%
UCSD: 84.2%
UCSB: 82.0%
UCD: 90.3%
UCI: 94.1%
UCSC: 92.7%
UCR: 97.5
UCM: 98.1%

Best of luck.

You are a pretty strong candidate for all of them except UCLA,UCB and UCSD where your GPA will probably keep you out. Since you are OOS, you should keep in mind, there will be ZERO financial aid available to you. Think your family can swing $60k per year to attend someplace like Davis?

You’d probably get generous merit scholarships at USD and LMU, making them much more practical place to attend.

good luck

@NCalRent @Gumbymom Thanks for your input, will definitely keep the financial aid issue in mind.
UC Weighted: 4.23

If your UC capped weighted is 4.23, you should be in the running for all UCs.