Chance me?

<p>Alright I've been told both things: "you'll get in for sure," but also "no, sorry."</p>

<p>I'm trying to figure out what the decision will most likely be so I can send in my housing at another school if it doesn't look like UW will work. So be honest please!</p>

<p>My stats:</p>

<p>-Large competitive private Catholic school
-27 ACT
-3.81 weighted GPA
-2 AP's, many honors, a few academic
-Illinois Resident
-NHS member, Key Club, SA(a service organization), track and field, varsity mock trial
-top 26%</p>

<p>My strength is writing and I know my essay is good. What do you think?</p>

<p>hmm.. does your school report your rank? the rank may hurt your chance. The rest looks pretty good as long as your school only provide a limited number of AP classes.</p>

<p>unfortunately yes the rank is reported...which sucks. The admissions counselor who visited our school said she's aware that our school is one of the most rigorous in Illinois though. But either way, the rank sucks. Yeah I think theres 6 AP's offered</p>

<p>If your essay is really good and you have a good teacher recommendation - in my honest opinion you would be no worse than 40/60. My class rank was about the same as yours in a somewhat competitive public high school, my gpa was worse, ACT a little better. Do yourself a favor by giving it a shot.</p>

<p>Remember UW has a chart on the admissions website- they want unweighted gpa</p>

<p>i mean i got in with a 3.6 uw gpa and a 27 sat but i also had a 1980 on my sats so idk ...</p>

<p>I have seen people get in with less.</p>

<p>i got a low sat score but had a great gpa and I was an international asian..if tht helped?</p>

<p>you'll need to tell us your unweighted gpa.</p>

<p>but so far it looks like you have a good chance.</p>