Chance me.

<p>I'm am currently a Junior in New Jersey and I want to apply to UW Madison in 2010 for mechanical engineering. I am an A/B student with Honors and AP classes and a 4.25 weighted GPA and about a 3.6 unweighted. I predict I am going to do much better this year than my sophomore year, I got about a 3.8 average for first marking period. I take AP Calc (B+ average) and have a A+ average in Physics Honors (not AP due to schedule conflict). </p>

<p>class rank about 13%.
Jazz Lab two years (Intense Jazz performance course),
Concert band this year due to schedule conflict.
Caldwell College Honors Band (Second Year)
Varsity Cross Country (third year varsity, will be four)
Varsity Wrestling (will be second year varsity, will have three total)
Varsity Track (one varsity letter)
Latin Honors Society (treasurer)
Active Member of Key Club
Volunteer for The Fun For All Program (recreation for the mentally) disabled; over 20 hours)</p>

<p>I am not your stereotypical asian guy because I'm a twinkie and I like to party. I hang out with the white folks and I am committed to sports and I want to join club or intramural wrestling in college.
What do you think about UW-Madison? Do you think I will like it? What are my chances of getting accepted?
Do you think I will like Purdue or University of Florida? What are my chances of acceptance over there? Is Penn State-University Park any fun?
Any other state schools would be good for me? Any other majors you think I'd be good at? I'm good at building stuff. Not great at vague maths. But basic calculus i'm ok at.</p>

<p>Your gpa, including higher grades this year sounds ok for UW- they value improving grades so work hard this year. You have yet to take ACT/SAT, those scores with your end of year gpa will give you an idea on the admissions chances chart. None of us can tell you which school will be the best fit- you need to visit each campus and see for yourself. Also do an online comparison of schools by visiting their websites to check on how things are done. I happened to have looked at the U of Florida site recently and noted differences such as how they calculate gpa (weighted academic), how they structure honors programs, dining options and menus, climate, terrain to name but a few. Purdue is more engineering/science as a whole campus and less liberal in nature than UW. Keep in mind that for UW you get admitted to the university as a whole, your intended school/college or major has no bearing on admissions as a freshman. Your sense of racial stereotyping is interesting, maybe because the Midwest doesn't have large numbers of Asians (the only significant group is SE Asian, mostly Hmong) most, such as my 1/2 Indian son, his OOS cousins (or their CA relative) hang out with "whites". You have to ask students at each CC site to talk about their schools- don't expect us to know. Do your research.</p>