Chance me?

<p>Hey there everyone! I'm new, and I saw everyone chancing, so I figured I should try.</p>

<p>Schools I'm applying to:
Amherst
Brown
Dartmouth
Duke
Tufts
Boston University
Washington University
John Hopkins
Vanderbilt
University of Miami
Kenyon
Eckerd (safety)
Elon (safety)
UGA (safety)</p>

<p>I started out with a 4.2 (weighted) and a 3.8 (unweighted). I pretty much kept that until junior year last year. I'm not going to go into my life story here, but my grades fell. I now have a 3.7 (weighted), and 3.3 unweighted. I'm thinking that's going to hurt my chances. </p>

<p>ACT: 33, perfect score on reading
Writing: 7 out of 12</p>

<p>I'm the artsy type. Accepted into Kenyon Young Writers Program and Iowa Young Writer's Program last summer. Very prestigious, only 120 out of 800 are accepted. Also been accepted into school literary magazine. I do plan on majoring in Creative Writing or something like that.</p>

<p>I was a Youth Delegate for my state's annual church conference. I'm in the Environment Club at school, as well as President of the Writing Club. Also in Young Democrats.</p>

<p>AP Classes taken/will take to date (school doesn't allow freshman to take AP's):</p>

<p>Honors Spanish I, II, III, IV, and will take Honors Spanish 6 senior year
Honors 10th Grade Literature
Honors Biology
Ap Language
Ap Psychology
AP Us History
AP World History
AP Art History
AP Literature</p>

<p>Extra: Worked for my father for two years to get enough money to self-publish a book I wrote. Plan to (possibly) intern at a publishing company this upcoming year.</p>

<p>My recs will be very good, and I'm sure I will do very well on the essays, since writing is my thing. Since most of the schools I'm applying for above have an arts supplement to the Common App, I will submit either a screenplay or a portion of my novel.</p>

<p>I go to a public highschool, considered one of the best in my state (and that's saying a lot). We hold college fairs, where colleges like Harvard and Princeton come visit.</p>

<p>Income is under a 100,000.</p>

<p>Chances? And if I'm being completely un-realistic here, maybe some suggestion too? Thank you. :)</p>

<p>Just realized I can’t edit my post. I didn’t mean to post this to sound irritating. What I really wanted to know was if anyone on this board got accepted to any of the colleges I’m applying to, and just how much the minority/income factors in.</p>

<p>no, I don’t think u sound irritating :)</p>

<p>I don’t think your chances are bad at all, I wouldn’t worry about that dip in your grades too much, you’ve established that you’re a hard worker by writing a novel lol</p>

<p>Thanks, I feel a little bit better about myself, heh. :)</p>