Chance me

<p>Okay.</p>

<p>so I am from New York
I have taken honors/ap---not the MOST rigorous coarse load, but still pretty strong
GPA- 90.7</p>

<p>SAT</p>

<p>CR: 620
M: 720
W: 680</p>

<p>i may reatake this in november since i have the sat 2'S in october. I plan on applying before then, but i am hoping for a 1400 or above when i do retake.</p>

<p>extracurrics:</p>

<p>business club 4 years
wrestling 2 years
hebrew youth group 3 years
hebrew school and post grad hebrew school- sicne i was just a wee boy
internship with county legislator- 2 years and summer
summer class at cornell for business
math mentorship program (basicly do extra math research and present at a math fair)- 3 years
Environmental club- 2 years
i play in the orchestra and play another isntrument outside school for all 4 years</p>

<p>honors and awards:</p>

<p>math fair silver medalist
FBLA stock market competition winner in my school
national honors society
tri-m music honors society</p>

<p>work experience:</p>

<p>waiter at summer cmap and counselor in training
academic tutor</p>

<p>so what do you guys think?</p>

<p>You need to translate your gpa into the 4.0 = A format for us to know its value. Your HS should be able to tell you how to do that as all colleges seem to use that format. Also note UW relies on the unweighted gpa- no extra points for honors/AP et al.</p>

<p>And class rank when available is probably more important than GPA.</p>

<p>the admission rep from new york said he accepts weighting as long as its a legitimate system. he said if they dont like your schools system they will reweight it and use that. its slightly above a 3.5 for me. i’m also from a pretty good high school and according to naviance my rejection would be the first one from my school with stats similar to mine. i</p>

<p>my school doesnt rank.</p>

<p>I think your rep misled you since most weighting systems are legitimate. They do consider the difficulty of courses, meaning honors and AP/IB will carry more weight. Go ahead and apply, you can’t get in if you don’t. Remember to put forth your best effort- write the essays, get the recs… With rolling admissions and promised “hear by” dates get everything in this month so you get your decision by mid Jan or sooner.</p>

<p>Regional rep said no need to convert since all NY schools use ((90)% system. Also said they use weighted GPA. He is the guy that looks at the app. so I don’t think he has misinformed anyone. He did say GPA equivalent here in NY is 90-93%.</p>

<p>I agree with wis75, just do it, you’re certainly competitive.</p>

<p>By “regional rep” are you guys referring to the admissions counselor for NY? I don’t know what your last sentence means Phil. I can see that they would be familiar enough with NY grading to make the conversion w/o actually converting to a 4 point scale.</p>

<p>But for chancing here, I don’t think anyone here probably is. If you want some actual numbers, a 3.5 uw all things being equal is near the bottom of the middle 50% but your SAT is a little above the middle 50%. I don’t think anyone really knows how much large publics or UW in particular look at HS competitiveness or ECs but yours won’t hurt. According to the infamous chart my wild guess is you are in the 70-75% chance range unless you don’t apply in which case I’ll say 0%.</p>

<p>yeah, i looked at my school’s program called naviance. lots of schools use it these days to track acceptance and rejection at different schools using applicants from the actual high school. My high school has a pretty good acceptance rate and nobody with a higher than average SAT has ever gotten rejected. that would make me a first so i’m feeling a lot better, not getting my hopes up though. i’m also applying to maryland and delaware so i’m sure i’ll get in somewhere decent.</p>