Chance meh for la,cal,davis,irvine and santa cruz

<p>Here’s my Stats:</p>

<p>UC GPA: 3.65
Regular GPA: 3.67
top 20 of my class
African-American, low income, raised by single parent, first generation
SAT I: 1500 (taking it again in oct. hopefully 1600-ish) Cr:530 M:510 W:460
SAT II: Math II: 510 Biology: 470 US hist: 530 (gonna retake math)
4 years XC and Track (Captain this upcoming year)
after senior year i would have taken every science class 2 my school
Raised money for UNICEF for 3 years
Math Tutor for a year
Volunteered @ library for a summer (50 hrs)
Worked @ local grocery store for over a year
Sportsmanship award from Skyline High School Track & Field
Oakland All Star Scholarship awarded me 1000 dollars
Recognized by the African American AP Student Initiative
African American Student Task Force award since 8th grade</p>

<p>10th:
English 2: B/B
Spanish 4AP: C-/C+ (1 on test)
Advanced Algebra/Trig: A/B
PE A/A
Chem Honors B/C
World History AP B/B (2 on test)
GPA: 3.67/3.33
11th:
Ceramics: A/A
English 3 AP: A/B(2 on test)
Math Analysis/Pre Calc: C/B
Physiology: A/A
Graphic Design: A/A
US history AP: B/B (2 on test)
GPA: 3.83/3.83
(UPWARD TREND YEEE!)</p>

<p>want to major in earth sciences/atmospheric science
which UCs have the best program for this?</p>

<p>I'd say reaches for all except SC</p>

<p>cal/la- reach
davis/irvine- slight reach
sc- match </p>

<p>most apparent flaw is your sat scores.. raise it!</p>

<p>thanks guys, im taking the SATS again shooting for a high 1600 or low 1700</p>

<p>bump........!</p>

<p>..................................bump</p>

<p>come on guys</p>

<p>You want to raise your SAT score preferably in the 1900's to boost your chances at Davis and Irvine.Cal and LA are reaches,you might have a decent shot at it if you get 2200+ on your SAT and right a helluva personal essay.Right now the only one that is a match is Santa Cruz.If you boost your SAT score to 1700's I think SC is a safety for you.</p>

<p>Reaches for Cal and LA. Low income is taken into consideration, but you gotta raise GPA or SAT or both. Need a solid essay-which will only help. Davis/Irvine seem possible. Your stats should get you into SC w/o much trouble.</p>

<p>the UCs give big tips to low income, first gen applicants so you have a shot at all, but it will depend on your essays. SC is a safety -- they also have an excellent astronomy program. However, a prospective science major should be taking chem, bio and physics (as opposed to physiology). It won't matter on your app, but you need to understand that many Frosh at Cal and UCLA will have already taken the AP level of one (or all) of those sciences and will be repeating the course at college for the "easy" A (if they are premed). Thus, grade competition at the two flagships is tough.</p>

<p>^thanks, but would it help that im taking physics my senior year? and i already took chem. in soph year but i totally forgot everythigng. I understand that Cal/UCLA are reaches but my focuses are on Davis and Irvine.</p>

<p>yes, definitely take physics if you can since strength of senior year schedule is important for admissions.</p>

<p>I honestly think you have a shot at UCI and UCD. Try to get a 1700 on SAT and you should be fine. </p>

<p>Also your essay can help you a lot to. Spend a lot of time on them and put a lot of work in them.</p>

<p>As for track have you been to State? As an athlete that can also help significantly....</p>

<p>^that what i feel too</p>

<p>Past years the varsity team has gone to state but I wasn't on varsity at that time, but this year i hope to do that.</p>