Chance of admission and financial aid?

<p>Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. UW-Madison is my top choice school and I was just wondering what my chances were of being accepted and the chance of any merit aid? Thanks!</p>

<p>Gender: Female
State: California
Competitive private school
Unweighter GPA: 3.5
Weighted: 4.0
ACT: 32
Intended major: International studies
I also plan to go on the pre-med track. I am a competitive horseback rider and have been for about 8 years. I have about 150 hours of community service. I am hispanic as well as being a first generation college student. </p>

<p>Thanks so much for any input!</p>

<p>You’d be accepted. I’m 99% positive. I’m from the Wisconsin area and it’s really not too uncommon for good students to be rejected.</p>

<p>Not sure about aid though.</p>

<p>3.5 UW is at the 25th percentile, but your ACT is way up there, and being a Hispanic first generation should help a lot too. You’re probably in.</p>

<p>Yes, but the chance of merit aid is slim. UW does not offer much aid of any kind to out of staters.</p>

<p>Apply for this merit-based scholarship (not based on financial need) for historically underrepresented/culturally disadvantaged students with outstanding academic achievements:</p>

<p>The Chancellor’s Scholarship Program
The Chancellor’s Scholarship Program recognizes the outstanding academic achievements of historically underrepresented and culturally disadvantaged students. This campuswide, merit-based program offers a variety of academic and co-curricular activities to enhance the overall quality of the collegiate experience. Prospective scholars must apply during their senior year of high school. The scholarship application deadline is February 1.</p>

<p>For application materials or additional program information, contact:
The Chancellor’s Scholarship Program
117 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706
Telephone: 608/262-9315
Email: <a href=“mailto:csp@provost.wisc.edu”>csp@provost.wisc.edu</a></p>