Chance of getting in to V tech.

<p>Hi I'm a rising senior who is trying to get into Virginia Tech and I was wondering if I have a chance of getting in.</p>

<p>I was an Esol student in middle school and started taking regular classes from 9th grade.
10th grade I took 2 ( Algebra2 and Chemistry) honors. In 11th grade I took 1AP (AP chem) and 2 honors. ( Pre-calc and physics)
In my 12th grade year I plan to take 3 AP. (Calc BC, Physics B, and Stat)</p>

<p>I have many community service activities like helping kids with disabilities and tutoring from freshman constantly.</p>

<p>I'm part of the Japanese honor society in school. I'll be part of more honor society next year when I drive.</p>

<p>I have work experience from helping my dad with hard wood floor install. Like making contracts and getting estimates.</p>

<p>I have a weighted GPA of 3.78
My unweighted GPA is around 3.6</p>

<p>These are my SAT scores so far I plan to take one more in October.
Do V tech take best score in one sitting or best score from each sections?</p>

<p>06/2010, SAT Test
500 Reading
620 Math
490 Writing</p>

<p>03/2010, SAT Test
370 Reading
650 Math
430 Writing</p>

<p>They take best score from each section. But listen, even with those best scores your chance of getting in is somewhat slim. My advice: You have until October for the next SAT. Buy one of those giant SAT study books and work your ass off. Take all the practice tests they give you, and time yourself. Learn the strategies for the reading section. You need to improve your scores if you want VT.</p>

<p>do u think my sat is my onlt problem ?</p>

<p>GPA needs to come up a tad, so work HARD next semester. Aim for all A’s, maybe one or two B’s. VT will like that your AP’s and Honors classes were math and science, but I feel like you should be taking more honors than just that (history and english?). Careful going from pre-calc straight to Calc BC. You will be working very hard on Calc BC, I hope you are very talented mathematically. Try and maintain at least a B in this class, an A will be difficult. If you do well all year in this class and get a 4 or a 5 on the AP, your hard work will be rewarded with credit for Calc I and Calc II in college.</p>

<p>Yeah but my strength is in math and science more than english and history so I don’t want that too lower my gpa.</p>