Chance of getting out of a public housing agreement

<p>Can anyone tell me what are my chances of being released from a the public housing agreement if I notified them right away in November. We are on a waiting list to be released. I just inaccurately assumed that all freshman live in the public dorms, only later to find out that my daughter wants to be in one of the private dorms with her friend. Help!!</p>

<p>I don’t know what the chaces are that she can get out of the seemingly binding contract, but my nephew went to UW and highly recommended the public dorms for my son vs the private dorms. In his experience, most of the freshman lived in the public dorms and he had a great experience there. She will meet new friends. Personally, I would not want my son to move in a dorm with a friend. So, I guess I am not answering your question at all, but I am just making a point that part of the college experience is moving in a dorm with someone you don’t know. But, of course, only you and your daughter know what will work best for her. I just wanted to give you another perspective, especially since she may not have a choice.</p>

<p>My DD is now a freshman and had the same issue last year. While the administration was non-committal about getting out of the agreement, ultimately, we had no trouble. The school just wants to be sure that the dorms will be filled and I believe historically, that has never been a problem. I can’t recall when we learned that she would be released unfortunately. I do think it was either in spring or maybe even early summer.</p>