Chance: Petroleum Engineering

<p>From Spring '11, Summer I/II '11, I've took 8 classes (24 CR hrs) sitting at 3.375 GPA
(Govt I, Hist 1&2, Eng 1, Trig, Col. Algebra, EDUC, and Arts history)</p>

<p>Currently Fall '11 I'm taking/making
Chem I - A/ maybe B
Pre Cal - A
Eng 2 - B
Govt 2 - A</p>

<p>Suppose it's 2 A's 2 B's this semester I'll be at 3.42 GPA</p>

<p>I can probably get good REC letter from my pharmacist, went to Trade school for Pharmacy Tech, extern at a pharmacy and got hire on spot been there since (3 1/2 years) He was transferred but requested Division Manager for me to accompany him.</p>

<p>NO ECs; I've just turned 24 (11/5/11) with 3 kids (7,4,3) all I could do was FT job and just started school FT Jan 2011.</p>

<p>Never took SAT/ACT. Is this only for HS students.</p>

<p>I have Cal I&II, Physics I&II, Chem II, and maybe 3-4 electives left to take before I'll apply transfer.</p>

<p>I know it's suggested to apply early before class is fill up, So if I want to attend Spring 2013 when should I apply?</p>

<p>Help please!?!?</p>

<p>Petroleum engineering has already filled up.</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>

<p>Fill up for Spring 2013? I got about 6 classes left that i have to take in Spring and Fall of 2012</p>

<p>O, I didn’t read that last little paragraph. But fall 2012 is filled up. I don’t know how to look up spring 2013</p>

<p>Is there a link that shows what programs are full/still available? Or, how did you find this out?</p>

<p>Fall 2012 may be full at present time for Petrolium Engineering… HOWEVER, not all students that have been accepted to A&M Petroleum Enginnering will accept A&M’s offer. There will be a few slots open up May 1st when admission offers have to be accepted or declined.</p>

<p>how do you know that it is already filled up?</p>

<p>Because I checked on my application status. If you request a major change, like I did, it tells you what majors are filled up. The only ones I can remember are petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, and visualization.</p>

<p>As the previous poster mentioned, some spots may open up come May 1st.
Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>

<p>If you chose petroleum as a major when it was open, but are currently in step three as of November 11. Does that mean you are probably in or is there still the possibility of not getting in?</p>

<p>oh cool… both my first and second choice majors are already filled up…lol</p>

<p>I don’t know about that because A&M hasn’t processed my rank and transcript, which is a shame because UT already has and I thought it would be the opposite. However, if you’re an auto admit, you might have secured a spot if you applied early enough; its not 100% sure though.</p>

<p>What were you trying to major in? Also, I just remembered that general studies was full as well.</p>

<p>i applied for petroleum engineering and chemical engineering. so if those two majors and general studies are filled up, where would i be placed? should i change my major?</p>

<p>I don’t know if you’re spot is secured because you filed your app already, but I’m pretty sure you didn’t get a spot because A&M has rolling admissions–I think.</p>

<p>You should call the admissions office and ask about that. You might want to go in as an undeclared engineering major and take the classes that your majors overlap and transfer into it next year or in spring.</p>

<p>can you switch to undeclared engineering? or do they place you in there automatically is you don’t get your first and second choice majors?</p>

<p>but I plan on taking classes that count towards engineering then transfer in later. but hopefully by may 1st there will be spots open when some people accept offers to other schools.</p>

<p>Should be possible. But I’m not sure.</p>

<p>If you’re going to do that, you’ll have to be quick.</p>

<p>how easy is it to transfer into petroleum engineering later?</p>

<p>I don’t know. Should be competitive though.</p>